Accordingly the state of Andhra Pradesh may take the lead in welcoming electric vehicles (EVs) in the country, by setting up charging stations across the state. Even though India has been facing a severe crisis on the petroleum products front with rising crude prices and the US dollar exchange rate going through the roof, there appears to be very little sign of worry on the part of those in power at the centre.
Meanwhile it is in this context that the news of Andhra government setting up 50 EV charging stations comes as a pleasant surprise. Moreover the project is being spearheaded by the Energy department of the AP government and the first such charging station is going active within a week at the Interim Government Complex in Velagapudi.
Presently the department has taken upon itself the
task of launching around 1,000 to 1,500 EVs and the EV charging stations will
come up in the state’s new capital Amaravati and in key cities like Vijayawada,
Visakhapatnam, Tirupati and Guntur and moreover the project is expected to
serve the twin purpose of controlling the air pollution as well as reducing the
use of petrol and diesel. As per report the electric vehicles are being
delivered by a firm Energy Efficiency Services Ltd (EESL) and the first batch
of around 300 vehicles may start arriving in July itself.
Flipkart is in the process of applying for food retail license in India Reports added Flipkart hopes to catch up with rival Amazon in the food and grocery business by floating a separate venture, Flipkart Farmermart Pvt Ltd. What’s more, the parent company Walmart has pledged support of funds to the extent of Rs 2,500 crore for this purpose. Meanwhile Amazon had gone in almost a similar route setting up a separate venture.
- 3 died in PMC Bank scam case within 2 days
- Arvind Kejriwal can revive only if he secures around 60 seats, in upcoming Delhi election
- Rojo the first to complaint against Jolly in Koodathayi murders
- Telangana Governor met PM Modi to discuss RTC Strike issue
- ED arrested P Chidambaram in INX Media Case
- SC concludes hearing in Ayodhya land dispute case
- Giving all public sector banks a "lifeline" is today her primary duty: Nirmala Sitharaman
- PM Modi called opposition parties 'shameless' during campaigning for Maharashtra Assembly polls
- Did YSRCP Government failed to prove insider-trading allegations in Amravati?
- US President Donald Trump's daughter Tiffany celebrated her 26th birthday
- How the Babri masjid action committee come into existence
- Recruitment drive for a Territorial Army Battalion in Srinagar received overwhelming response
- SMS gets banned after restoration of mobile service in the valley
- Prince William and Kate rides in a Rickshaw in Pakistan
- Differences between manifestos of BJP and Shiv Sena