According to sources Google's public Wi-Fi project is aiming to capture 40 million new connected users in India by 2019, resulting into at least $20 billion being added to the country's GDP, a top company executive here on Wednesday. K. Suri, Director, Partnership, India, Next Billion Users, Google India, told reporters here that "India is a big market for the next billion users. Wi-Fi is a huge focus area and opportunity in terms of connecting these users".
Suri added while releasing a joint study by Google and global research firm Analysys Mason that public Wi-Fi could play a key role in driving ubiquitous connectivity and digital inclusion in India. Currently Google has partnered with RailTel and Indian Railways to offer public Wi-Fi in railway stations, covering 400 stations with about 7.6 million monthly active Wi-Fi users. The study showed that "Public Wi-Fi will connect 40 million new users to the Internet by 2019 and that would translate into tangible benefits to GDP, by around $20 billion between 2017-19 and at least $10 billion per annum thereafter”.
Moreover the report, titled "Accelerating
connectivity through public Wi-Fi that early lessons from the railway Wi-Fi
project," outlined an opportunity to develop a wider connectivity
ecosystem with public Wi-Fi as a key component. Ashwinder Sethi, Principal
Consultant, Analysys Mason said "By 2019, over 100 million users will
spend an extra $3 billion annually on mobile broadband and handsets because of
their experience of high-speed public Wi-Fi”.
TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter Meanwhile when taking to social media, Uttam had said, "Unlike KTR, who received everything on a platter due to his father and caretaker Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, he is a first generation politician who worked hard to reach where he is. Meanwhile to say that KCR had any role isn’t just blatantly false, but also childish. You and your family have positions today because Congress gave Telangana."
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing
- Pakistan PM disappointed as India cancelled Foreign Minister Level Meet
- Trump administration will revoke work permits to H-4 visa users in 3 months
- Amazon to sell Shampoos, face pack, medicinal products made from Cow Urine & Dung
- 136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP