According to sources Google's public Wi-Fi project is aiming to capture 40 million new connected users in India by 2019, resulting into at least $20 billion being added to the country's GDP, a top company executive here on Wednesday. K. Suri, Director, Partnership, India, Next Billion Users, Google India, told reporters here that "India is a big market for the next billion users. Wi-Fi is a huge focus area and opportunity in terms of connecting these users".
Suri added while releasing a joint study by Google and global research firm Analysys Mason that public Wi-Fi could play a key role in driving ubiquitous connectivity and digital inclusion in India. Currently Google has partnered with RailTel and Indian Railways to offer public Wi-Fi in railway stations, covering 400 stations with about 7.6 million monthly active Wi-Fi users. The study showed that "Public Wi-Fi will connect 40 million new users to the Internet by 2019 and that would translate into tangible benefits to GDP, by around $20 billion between 2017-19 and at least $10 billion per annum thereafter”.
Moreover the report, titled "Accelerating
connectivity through public Wi-Fi that early lessons from the railway Wi-Fi
project," outlined an opportunity to develop a wider connectivity
ecosystem with public Wi-Fi as a key component. Ashwinder Sethi, Principal
Consultant, Analysys Mason said "By 2019, over 100 million users will
spend an extra $3 billion annually on mobile broadband and handsets because of
their experience of high-speed public Wi-Fi”.
Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday Accordingly Iconic cartoon character Mickey Mouse turned 90 on Sunday, and his birthday is being celebrated around the world, including in India. Meanwhile Mickey Mouse made his first appearance in Steamboat Willie on November 18, 1928, and has ruled hearts since then. Furthermore he was born out of necessity when Walt Disney discovered he had lost the rights to his previous character
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth