Chennai sources reported that with the city police just started to heave a sigh of relief after curbing prevalent drag two-wheeler races in the city, auto-rickshaws had donned the role of giving a headache to the police. Earlier on Wednesday morning, motorists on Nemilicheri-Vandalur 400ft road in Poonamallee were in a dread after speeding auto-rickshaws darted past them.
Police said “Based on a tip-off, the Poonamallee traffic police have formed a special team to arrest auto drivers who indulge in racing on Wednesday early morning and patrolling was intensified in the area”. Meanwhile the police noticed six speeding auto-rickshaws and tried to stop them but the autos escaped the police. As per report the police, after a brief chase, arrested 5 auto drivers and the three drivers managed to escape.
Police said the arrested auto drivers were
identified as B. Suresh (36) of Tiruvottiyur, T. Sankar (33) of Padi, S. Baskar
(38) of Anna Nagar, B. Sathish (35) of Mangadu and N. Manikandan (38) of
Tiruvottiyur and “The auto race was conducted for 10 km and driver who wins the
race would have received Rs 5,000”. Further they also had seized 6
auto-rickshaws and a two-wheeler from them. The arrested persons were sent to
judicial remand and a hunt has been launched to arrest absconding three persons.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?