Meanwhile in a relief to Thiruvananthapuram MP Shashi Tharoor, Delhi's Patiala High Court granted him anticipatory bail on Thursday in the Sunanda Pushkar death case. Moreover reports state that the bail has been granted on a surety of Rs 1 lakh and on the condition that Tharoor cannot leave India without the permission of the court.
Earlier Tharoor on Tuesday had filed for anticipatory bail in Delhi’s Patiala House Court. The Delhi police had filed a charge sheet against him in May this year under Sections 306 (abutment of suicide) and 498A (cruelty) of the Indian Penal Code. Accordingly Sunanda Pushkar was found dead in a hotel room on the night of January 14, 2014, in New Delhi. Previously on May 14, 2018, in response to the Delhi Police’s claims that there was enough evidence against the senior Congress leader in the case, he was summoned by a Delhi Court.
Moreover Tharoor had refuted the allegations,
calling them ‘baseless’, and had stated to the media that he “will continue to
vigorously contest these charges and maintain my steadfast conviction that
ultimately the truth will prevail through the judicial system that we are
privileged to have in our country.” Recently the police charge sheet claims
that Sunanda was harassed by Tharoor and was driven to suicide. Further under
section 498A, if found guilty, Tharoor can face 3 years imprisonment, while a
sentence of up to 10 years can be given under section 306.
Nagababu Joins Party, Janasena Becomes Another Family Pack Mega Brother Naga Babu has joined Pawan Kalyan's Janasena Party a little while ago in the presence of his younger brother Pawan Kalyan. Pawan Kalyan invited him into the party and also announced that he will be Janasena's Narasapuram Lok Sabha Candidate. Pawan Kalyan is already contesting from Bhimavaram assembly seat of the same district.
- RTO attacked by actor's friend!
- Goa gets a new head!
- PM Modi likely to interact with Public about 'Main Bhi Chowkidar' by March 31
- Election Battle: Parties Cooking Strategies for Victory In Godavari
- Curious Case of Uttarandhra in 2019 Polls
- Chandra Babu Facing Huge Pressure
- DK Aruna Jumps into BJP
- Jagan Pinned Hopes On His Family
- Decoding Pawan Kalyan's Strategy For Assembly Elections
- Will Goa CM Pramod Sawant win Floor test by Wednesday?
- Curiosity Around Bheemili Constituency
- Popular Rayalaseema Reddy Back to Basics!
- Key accused in Pollachi sexual abuse Case sent to judicial remand
- Flash floods & Mud slides increased death toll in Indonesia
- Telangana Govt signed MoU with Ola Cabs for Commuters safety