According to sources Tata Motors' small car Nano is inching closer towards the end of its journey with just one unit produced in June, although the company maintained that no decision has been taken yet on stopping its production. Meanwhile the entry level car, brainchild of Ratan Tata who envisaged giving a safer and affordable alternative to families riding on two-wheelers, sold just three units last month in the domestic market.
Furthermore in a regulatory filing, Tata Motors said there was no export of Nano in June this year and moreover it had shipped 25 units in the same month last year. Further in terms of production, only one unit was produced last month as against 275 units in June 2017. The domestic sales were at three units in June as against 167 units in the year ago month.
Presently it become a loss-making model for Tata
Motors with ex-Tata Sons chairman Mistry, who was abruptly removed from the
post, even went on to claim that the Nano "consistently lost value,
peaking at Rs 1,000 crore". Meanwhile Mistry also termed the Nano as one
of the "legacy hotspots" and there was "no line of sight to
profitability for the Nano, any turnaround strategy". Moreover he had also
claimed that Tata Motors did not stop producing the car due to "emotional
Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment New Delhi sources stated that Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya"s absence will "hurt" the visitors in the upcoming Test series against Australia and the series starts on December 6 in Adelaide. Presently Pandya is undergoing rehabilitation after suffering a lower back injury during the Asia Cup in Dubai last September.
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru