According to sources Tata Motors' small car Nano is inching closer towards the end of its journey with just one unit produced in June, although the company maintained that no decision has been taken yet on stopping its production. Meanwhile the entry level car, brainchild of Ratan Tata who envisaged giving a safer and affordable alternative to families riding on two-wheelers, sold just three units last month in the domestic market.
Furthermore in a regulatory filing, Tata Motors said there was no export of Nano in June this year and moreover it had shipped 25 units in the same month last year. Further in terms of production, only one unit was produced last month as against 275 units in June 2017. The domestic sales were at three units in June as against 167 units in the year ago month.
Presently it become a loss-making model for Tata
Motors with ex-Tata Sons chairman Mistry, who was abruptly removed from the
post, even went on to claim that the Nano "consistently lost value,
peaking at Rs 1,000 crore". Meanwhile Mistry also termed the Nano as one
of the "legacy hotspots" and there was "no line of sight to
profitability for the Nano, any turnaround strategy". Moreover he had also
claimed that Tata Motors did not stop producing the car due to "emotional
3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi All the Pandals have been set up and Ganapathi has arrived and we all couldn't get more excited. Every year the festival is celebrated on a bigger scale and Maharashtra does it, even more, bigger and that is because of the dishes they prepare. Now, we bring you 3 dishes which you must know to prepare.
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE
- Hyderabad youngsters stranded in Malaysia
- Telangana health coverage model is a robust program covering nearly 80 lakh families
- US badly attacked on Military parade in Iran
- TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing