According to sources Tata Motors' small car Nano is inching closer towards the end of its journey with just one unit produced in June, although the company maintained that no decision has been taken yet on stopping its production. Meanwhile the entry level car, brainchild of Ratan Tata who envisaged giving a safer and affordable alternative to families riding on two-wheelers, sold just three units last month in the domestic market.
Furthermore in a regulatory filing, Tata Motors said there was no export of Nano in June this year and moreover it had shipped 25 units in the same month last year. Further in terms of production, only one unit was produced last month as against 275 units in June 2017. The domestic sales were at three units in June as against 167 units in the year ago month.
Presently it become a loss-making model for Tata
Motors with ex-Tata Sons chairman Mistry, who was abruptly removed from the
post, even went on to claim that the Nano "consistently lost value,
peaking at Rs 1,000 crore". Meanwhile Mistry also termed the Nano as one
of the "legacy hotspots" and there was "no line of sight to
profitability for the Nano, any turnaround strategy". Moreover he had also
claimed that Tata Motors did not stop producing the car due to "emotional
Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know Cryptocurrency is a digital currency which is a medium of exchange. The transactions are verified and secured through cryptographic Methods, cryptocurrencies are made as database entries which can't be modified without meeting specific requirements.
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million