As per report the global software major Infosys' Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy on Saturday said the social arm Infosys Foundation offered to give Rs 200 crore to the Bengaluru metro network project. Accordingly he said "The Foundation's contribution will be used to build the Konappana Agrahara metro station and metro track of the Bengaluru Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (BMRCL)".
Meanwhile when appreciating the Foundation for its initiatives for the betterment of society, the Chief Minister lauded its chairperson Sudha Murthy for inspiring other corporate to follow it in discharging corporate social responsibility. Sudha Murthy, the wife of Infosys co-founder N R Narayana Murthy said "The Foundation will maintain the station for 30 years and contributing funds to the people needs gives pleasure in life”.
Moreover the metro service, which opened to the
public in 2011, currently comprises of two lines in its phase one green and
purple covering a mere 43 km of the 800 sq km city with ever-expanding suburbs.
Further the state has proposed an extension of the existing lines under phase
two, which is expected to be constructed by March 2023, wherein three
additional coaches, manufactured by the state run Bharat Earth Movers Limited
(BEML), were added to one of the metro trains on the east-west purple line,
with the first coach reserved for women and children.
BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal Chennai sources added that Union Minister Piyush Goyal on Thursday said the BJP was exploring “all possibilities” and its alliance announcement would be made very soon. Meanwhile refusing to identify his party's prospective allies, Goyal said, “In politics, all possibilities are open and are being discussed”. Furthermore Goyal, who is also the BJP's in-charge for Tamilnadu
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other