As per report the global software major Infosys' Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy on Saturday said the social arm Infosys Foundation offered to give Rs 200 crore to the Bengaluru metro network project. Accordingly he said "The Foundation's contribution will be used to build the Konappana Agrahara metro station and metro track of the Bengaluru Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (BMRCL)".
Meanwhile when appreciating the Foundation for its initiatives for the betterment of society, the Chief Minister lauded its chairperson Sudha Murthy for inspiring other corporate to follow it in discharging corporate social responsibility. Sudha Murthy, the wife of Infosys co-founder N R Narayana Murthy said "The Foundation will maintain the station for 30 years and contributing funds to the people needs gives pleasure in life”.
Moreover the metro service, which opened to the
public in 2011, currently comprises of two lines in its phase one green and
purple covering a mere 43 km of the 800 sq km city with ever-expanding suburbs.
Further the state has proposed an extension of the existing lines under phase
two, which is expected to be constructed by March 2023, wherein three
additional coaches, manufactured by the state run Bharat Earth Movers Limited
(BEML), were added to one of the metro trains on the east-west purple line,
with the first coach reserved for women and children.
Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name According to sources it was stated that Hong Kong based Cathay Pacific painted its name as "Cathay Paciic" on the side of the jet. Meanwhile the eagle eyed travelers spotted the mistake at Hong Kong International Airport and contacted the airline.
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party
- Stormy Daniels provides a graphic description of Trump's genitalia