Mahesh Kathi, the popular and controversial film critic has been banned by Telangana Police from entering Hyderabad for the next 6 months, as he had made statements hurting the religious sentiments of the people of the city.
The Telangana DGP Mahendar Reddy said that Mahesh's statements had impacted the normalcy of the city and hence he will not be allowed to enter Hyderabad for the next 6 months, under the Telangana's act of Prevention of Anti Social and Hazardous activities, 1930, and the police have also deported the critic from the city dropping in his native Chittoor. Previously, cops had also house arrested Swami Pari Poornananda who had planned a Darmika Chaitanya Yatra, as they suspected anti-social activities in the name of the Yatra, which might trouble the public.
It all began when Kathi Mahesh had
made derogatory statements in a TV show against Lord Rama and Sita, where he
said Lord Rama as a cheater, and Sita must have stayed with Ravana.
Following this, there was a war of words between Mahesh and Hindu groups,
and the TV studio had also later received a notice for the telecast of such
controversial shows under section 295 A and 505.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018