Mahesh Kathi, the popular and controversial film critic has been banned by Telangana Police from entering Hyderabad for the next 6 months, as he had made statements hurting the religious sentiments of the people of the city.
The Telangana DGP Mahendar Reddy said that Mahesh's statements had impacted the normalcy of the city and hence he will not be allowed to enter Hyderabad for the next 6 months, under the Telangana's act of Prevention of Anti Social and Hazardous activities, 1930, and the police have also deported the critic from the city dropping in his native Chittoor. Previously, cops had also house arrested Swami Pari Poornananda who had planned a Darmika Chaitanya Yatra, as they suspected anti-social activities in the name of the Yatra, which might trouble the public.
It all began when Kathi Mahesh had
made derogatory statements in a TV show against Lord Rama and Sita, where he
said Lord Rama as a cheater, and Sita must have stayed with Ravana.
Following this, there was a war of words between Mahesh and Hindu groups,
and the TV studio had also later received a notice for the telecast of such
controversial shows under section 295 A and 505.
WhatsApp has received flak from the Indian government over fake news New Delhi sources stated that WhatsApp said its users in India will not be allowed to forward more than five chats at once and the company will remove the quick forward button that appears next to media messages, as part of its efforts to reduce circulation of fake messages on the platform that have even incited mob lynching incidents.
- Why YS Jagan called for Bandh on July 24?
- Ram Mohan Naidu's Hindi speech in Lok Sabha became talking point
- Kenyan court sentenced beauty queen to death for murdering her boyfriend
- National Democratic Alliance has confidence of 125 crore people: Modi
- Indian Batsman Gautam Gambhir raised questions over Dhoni batting approach
- Titled "The Summit Crisis", magazine comes after Trump-Putin's controversial summit in Helsinki
- Is this new rule applicable to all multiplexes?
- Sonali Bendre's pens Emotional Post on sharing Cancer news to her Son Ranveer
- Indian hockey team secures 5th rank!
- Trump or low cost crude oil - What's Modi choice?
- P Chidambaram included in Aircel Maxis case!
- ADMK MP Exposes CBSE-Centre plan!
- Did Sonia Gandhi bifurcated Telugu states by doing injustice to Reddy Community?
- Jayadev gave stentorian speech in Lok Sabha winning hearts of AP people
- Congress accused PM Modi of using probe agencies CBI & ED to smear opposition leaders