A missed call scam has reached Kerala and has not even spared Police officers of the state. The scam operates this way the victim will receive numerous missed calls from an international number, and when the victim calls back to the scam number, he/she will be charged at international call rates.
The calls have been received from a number starting with Bolivia international code of +591. Kerala police have been receiving numerous calls and complaints on this scam and have been alerting people regarding the scam and have set up the Hitech cell to investigate the issue, besides intimating users not to attend calls from numbers starting with +591.
Once the customer attends the call,
a huge bill gets deducted from the balance of the customer. Most of these
complaints are given by prepaid users for now. This scam has multiple ways,
with a music playing in the background, and the customer getting
billed, and the pay per call scam as well. As of now, unless the team behind
the scam is found, the only way to escape is to not attend such calls, said the
PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh According to sources Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday took on the Congress at an election rally in Chhattisgarh, saying that the party which had governed India for most of its independent history had strived to improve the fortunes of the Nehru-Gandhi family rather than develop the country. Meanwhile hitting out at Congress chief Rahul Gandhi, who has accused the BJP of corruption and crony
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja