New Delhi sources stated that in a major relief to the Telangana government, the Supreme Court on Monday rejected a petition seeking a stay on the Kaleshwaram lift irrigation project. The bench was hearing a petition filed by D Laxminarayana, convener of Telangana Engineers Forum. Meanwhile in a major relief to the Telangana government, the Supreme Court on Monday rejected a petition seeking a stay on the Kaleshwaram lift irrigation project.
Accordingly the bench comprising of justices Madan B Lokur and Deepak Gupta were hearing a petition filed by D Laxminarayana, convener of Telangana Engineers Forum, sought to know if so many reservoirs needed to be built for the project and also sought the constitution of an experts committee. Moreover when the matter came up for hearing, the Telangana government's said that several petitions had been filed earlier and alleged that certain people were trying to stall the project.
Meanwhile when responding to the development,
Harish Rao told, “In the High Court alone, 80 cases were filed against the
project and irrespective of the number of times they have approached the courts
and their pleas rejected, Congress leaders are yet to learn any lesson”.
Further the project also proposes to provide drinking water facility for Hyderabad
and Secunderabad cities.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?