New Delhi sources stated that in a major relief to the Telangana government, the Supreme Court on Monday rejected a petition seeking a stay on the Kaleshwaram lift irrigation project. The bench was hearing a petition filed by D Laxminarayana, convener of Telangana Engineers Forum. Meanwhile in a major relief to the Telangana government, the Supreme Court on Monday rejected a petition seeking a stay on the Kaleshwaram lift irrigation project.
Accordingly the bench comprising of justices Madan B Lokur and Deepak Gupta were hearing a petition filed by D Laxminarayana, convener of Telangana Engineers Forum, sought to know if so many reservoirs needed to be built for the project and also sought the constitution of an experts committee. Moreover when the matter came up for hearing, the Telangana government's said that several petitions had been filed earlier and alleged that certain people were trying to stall the project.
Meanwhile when responding to the development,
Harish Rao told, “In the High Court alone, 80 cases were filed against the
project and irrespective of the number of times they have approached the courts
and their pleas rejected, Congress leaders are yet to learn any lesson”.
Further the project also proposes to provide drinking water facility for Hyderabad
and Secunderabad cities.
BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal Chennai sources added that Union Minister Piyush Goyal on Thursday said the BJP was exploring “all possibilities” and its alliance announcement would be made very soon. Meanwhile refusing to identify his party's prospective allies, Goyal said, “In politics, all possibilities are open and are being discussed”. Furthermore Goyal, who is also the BJP's in-charge for Tamilnadu
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu
- Telangana Municipalities good news for Families below poverty line
- CRPF Jawans victimized in Jammu & Kashmir
- Surprise Gift to Rahul Gandhi on Valentines Day
- 2 alliances in India, one under Rahul Gandhi and a 'gatbandhan' which has no leader: Amit Shah
- Arya & Sayyeshaa getting engaged to each other