Sources from Chennai added that Madras High Court has ordered the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to award 196 grace marks for the students who had attempted National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2018 in Tamil since 49 questions in the Tamil question paper had been mistranslated. Recently the court has also ordered CBSE to release a revised rank list based on this order within two weeks.
Accordingly this order was issued based on a petition filed by TK Rangarajan, a CPI (M) Rajya Sabha MP. Meanwhile after the judgment came in, the MP told TNM that students who are aggrieved by NEET’s mistranslation had been vindicated. Rangarajan said “The court has asked for 4 grace marks to be given per mistranslated question which is 196 marks for 49 questions and as he is an MP, members of the Students Federation of India and many others had approached him and so he decided to go to court”.
Furthermore the MP added that it is now up to the
TN government and CBSE to decide whether the admission process will be
suspended and the counseling will be held once again. Moreover a bench of
Justices CT Selvam and AM Basheer Ahamed had on July 6 pulled up the CBSE for
releasing the results despite knowing about the PIL. Further after hitting out
at CBSE, the bench stated that the Board was acting autocratic when
it came to errors in the Tamil version of NEET.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy