Sources from Chennai added that Madras High Court has ordered the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to award 196 grace marks for the students who had attempted National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2018 in Tamil since 49 questions in the Tamil question paper had been mistranslated. Recently the court has also ordered CBSE to release a revised rank list based on this order within two weeks.
Accordingly this order was issued based on a petition filed by TK Rangarajan, a CPI (M) Rajya Sabha MP. Meanwhile after the judgment came in, the MP told TNM that students who are aggrieved by NEET’s mistranslation had been vindicated. Rangarajan said “The court has asked for 4 grace marks to be given per mistranslated question which is 196 marks for 49 questions and as he is an MP, members of the Students Federation of India and many others had approached him and so he decided to go to court”.
Furthermore the MP added that it is now up to the
TN government and CBSE to decide whether the admission process will be
suspended and the counseling will be held once again. Moreover a bench of
Justices CT Selvam and AM Basheer Ahamed had on July 6 pulled up the CBSE for
releasing the results despite knowing about the PIL. Further after hitting out
at CBSE, the bench stated that the Board was acting autocratic when
it came to errors in the Tamil version of NEET.
TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff Sources from Chennai added that Madras high court has directed the vice-chancellor of the Tamilnadu Dr Ambedkar law university to submit a report on actions initiated to remove unqualified teaching staff and other staff. Meanwhile Justice S.M. Subramaniam gave the directive while
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?