Sources from Chennai added that Madras High Court has ordered the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to award 196 grace marks for the students who had attempted National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2018 in Tamil since 49 questions in the Tamil question paper had been mistranslated. Recently the court has also ordered CBSE to release a revised rank list based on this order within two weeks.
Accordingly this order was issued based on a petition filed by TK Rangarajan, a CPI (M) Rajya Sabha MP. Meanwhile after the judgment came in, the MP told TNM that students who are aggrieved by NEET’s mistranslation had been vindicated. Rangarajan said “The court has asked for 4 grace marks to be given per mistranslated question which is 196 marks for 49 questions and as he is an MP, members of the Students Federation of India and many others had approached him and so he decided to go to court”.
Furthermore the MP added that it is now up to the
TN government and CBSE to decide whether the admission process will be
suspended and the counseling will be held once again. Moreover a bench of
Justices CT Selvam and AM Basheer Ahamed had on July 6 pulled up the CBSE for
releasing the results despite knowing about the PIL. Further after hitting out
at CBSE, the bench stated that the Board was acting autocratic when
it came to errors in the Tamil version of NEET.
WhatsApp to update itself to catch up with faster generation As per report it is needless to tell that 'Whatsapp' is one unbeaten social media application that is leading the sector, besides Facebook and Twitter. Meanwhile the Facebook owned company is now rolling out a new feature that can help its users to take back an accidental or wrong message sent to someone.
- TDP Corruption allegations on PM Modi
- By 2020 Facebook plans to catapult Digital Training Hub
- TTD plans keeping Tirumala temple open for devotees, TTD Board meeting on July 24
- Will O. Pannerselvam be held for having unaccounted assets?
- Stormy Monsoon Session moves in full swing
- 2,50,000 Private School Teachers on strike in Telangana today
- Why Arun Jaitley feels PM Narendra Modi as a good Leader?
- Crotia President wins hearts!
- TDP decides to go against BJP in Today's Monsoon Parliament Session
- CBSE appeal over NEET grace marks!
- Over 120 crores seized in IT raids!
- Second last full-fledged Monsoon PARLIAMENT session begins today
- Why Google inquires about Hima Das Caste after her winning?
- Rumors about Sterlite on social media, Vedanta asked its employees to report for duty
- How did Khushbu react to allegations by Sri Reddy against her hubby?