Sources from Chennai added that Madras High Court has ordered the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to award 196 grace marks for the students who had attempted National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2018 in Tamil since 49 questions in the Tamil question paper had been mistranslated. Recently the court has also ordered CBSE to release a revised rank list based on this order within two weeks.
Accordingly this order was issued based on a petition filed by TK Rangarajan, a CPI (M) Rajya Sabha MP. Meanwhile after the judgment came in, the MP told TNM that students who are aggrieved by NEET’s mistranslation had been vindicated. Rangarajan said “The court has asked for 4 grace marks to be given per mistranslated question which is 196 marks for 49 questions and as he is an MP, members of the Students Federation of India and many others had approached him and so he decided to go to court”.
Furthermore the MP added that it is now up to the
TN government and CBSE to decide whether the admission process will be
suspended and the counseling will be held once again. Moreover a bench of
Justices CT Selvam and AM Basheer Ahamed had on July 6 pulled up the CBSE for
releasing the results despite knowing about the PIL. Further after hitting out
at CBSE, the bench stated that the Board was acting autocratic when
it came to errors in the Tamil version of NEET.
CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu on Friday unveiled a 36 feet tall statue of Telugu Desam Party (TDP) founder and actor turned politician N T Rama Rao at Sattenpalli in Guntur district. Reportedly the bronze statue has been erected on a 40 foot platform at NTR Sagar in the middle of the pond and the state government has plans to develop the region into a mini Tank Bund like the Hussainsagar in Hyderabad.
- Hyderabad Police booked 12 Websites for publishing defamatory article
- GHMC shelving its plan to revise property tax rates
- Again old rupee notes in Chennai!
- World's first genetically modified child!
- Edappadi checks food quality!
- Will DMK intervene in Mekedatu project?
- Prakash Raj to contest election as an Independent from Bengaluru-Central constituency
- Religion politics have not fared well in the South
- Paytm's New Feature adds benefit to Partner Merchants
- Deepika Padukone titled World's Most Beautiful Bride
- Amazon's New Year Sale delivery makes Record!!!
- Lord Vishnu statue carved from a monolithic block reached Singarapettai
- Jio New Year Offer recharges done between December 28, 2018, to January 31, 2019
- 437 CCTV Cameras installed in Chennai, Kilpauk Jurisdiction
- High Court Justice orders 37 ISPs to block 12,000 Websites