Sources from Rome made a statement that according to sources the Italian National Olympic Committee (CONI) has said Italy is considering bid to host the 2026 Winter Olympic Games and Winter Paralympic Games. As per report according to the ANSA news agency the candidate cities are Cortina d'Ampezzo, Milan and Turin. CONI will decide between them at its next national council meeting. Meanwhile the decision could be taken on August 1 or September 10.
Moreover as per report CONI President Giovanni Malago was quoted by ANSA as saying that the best option was a joint candidature comprising Cortina, Milan and Turin. Furthermore it was stated that Turin hosted the Winter Games in 2006 while Cortina d'Ampezzo hosted the 1956 event, Xinhua news agency reported.
Accordingly the Canadian city of Calgary, Swedish
capital Stockholm, Sapporo in Japan and Erzurum in Turkey are also considering
bids for the 2026 events.
PM Modi accused opposition parties of politicizing the issue of Article 370 Reportedly when asserting that India is now taking big decisions like on Article 370 which were unthinkable earlier, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday said the massive mandate given by the people gave him the strength to take the step and challenged the opposition Congress to publicly state that it will restore the provision if voted to power.
- P Chidambaram says GST is main cause of economic slow down
- If BJP wants to reinvigorate economy, abolish Personal Income Tax
- 2 Indian Iconic Cricketers makes their Kollywood debut
- NASA manages to locate Chandrayaan 2's Vikram Lander for the Second time
- Penalty imposed on SB & LVB for non-compliance with RBIs directions on Frauds classification
- Will justice be delivered to RTC Employees & People of Telangana?
- Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission