Hyderabad sources added that Hospitals in Hyderabad are reportedly asking patients and their families to pay for parking, despite the Telangana government clarifying that those providing hospital bills or outpatient receipts don’t have to pay for parking. Accordingly a Telangana government GO that came into effect on April 1, 2018, said that all commercial establishments can charge for parking beyond 30 minutes.
Media reports added hospitals are considered commercial establishments, on par with malls. Furthermore a clarification on the GO made it clear that free parking can be availed if the customer provides a proof of purchase at the establishment in the case of hospitals, by providing hospital bills or Out Patient Department receipts, but activists allege that hospitals charge anywhere between Rs 20 and Rs 50, with additional charges on an hourly basis, for those visiting the hospitals.
Moreover Vijay Gopal, an anti-corruption activist
from Hyderabad on Wednesday approached the Banjara Hills police and filed a
petition against Rainbow hospital for not following the GO. Reports added “It's
not just Rainbow, hospitals like Apollo, KIMS, CARE, none of them provide free parking.
Presently the hospitals are charging not just those visiting the patients
admitted to the hospitals, but also the patients who are visiting the hospital.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?