Hyderabad sources reported that the Telangana government will file cases against the media houses under the Telangana Prevention of Anti-Social and Hazardous Activities Act, in case of any violation of the Act hereafter. Recently the state government warned all the news channels against broadcast of content with provocative statements over sensitive religious issues, in the wake of the recent arrest of a spiritual leader, and it is worth mentioning here that the head of Sri Peetham of Kakinada Swami Paripoornananda and Telugu actor and movie critic Kathi Mahesh were extended from the city.
Recently the Telangana police extended the spiritual leader from the city for six months for allegedly making provocative statements, before booking Kathi Mahesh on Monday and extending him from Hyderabad city for six months. Moreover the Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anjani Kumar, it is learnt, has reported to the state government over the broadcast of debates on sensitive religious subjects and cited them as the reason for the controversy.
Furthermore the government ordered the Home
Ministry to take strict action in the event of such debates on TV channels.
Also, a special wing has been incorporated in the Hyderabad Police
Commissioner to track the TV channels.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?