Hyderabad sources stated that Liquor bottles worth Rs 40 lakh were crushed under a road roller by the officers of Prohibition and Excise Department on Wednesday. Over 640 non-duty paid liquor bottles which included popular brands like Black Label, Gold Label, Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, Absolut and Red Label were destroyed by the officers.
Liquor bottles which are being imported directly from other countries without paying any tax are defined as non-duty paid liquor bottles. Four customs officials working at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport were detained by the excise department which led to the unearthing of a huge network between the officials, smugglers, and customers to sell foreign liquor.
Apart from the arrest of customs officials, two
smugglers B Shiva Patil and N Harish Singh were also held in the raid. Over
1373 bottles were seized by them along with two transport buses.
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?