The External Affairs Minister of India, Smt. Sushma Swaraj had made an announcement on Friday that henceforth all passports in the country will not just be in English but will be in both English and Hindi languages. Sushma Swaraj has made the announcement during the occasion of passport seva divas held in New Delhi, as a new provision.
The external affairs minister has also announced a reduction by 10% in passport fees for applicants below 8 years and above 60 years of age. The parliament Committee had recommended Hindi language entries to be made in passports in the 9th report of Official Language, which was submitted way back in the year 2011.
After the President of India, Pranab
Mukherjee had approved the recommendations made in the report, a facility
was made which will facilitate applicants to apply online for passports in
Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan! Central minister Nitin Gadkari had said that measures will be taken to stop the flow of excess water from Ravi River from India to Pakistan. Recently when Indian CRPF soldiers had been going on a convoy in 70 vehicles with 2500 soldiers a suicide attack by Jaish E Mohammed terror outfit killed more than 40 soldiers in Pulwama in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!