The External Affairs Minister of India, Smt. Sushma Swaraj had made an announcement on Friday that henceforth all passports in the country will not just be in English but will be in both English and Hindi languages. Sushma Swaraj has made the announcement during the occasion of passport seva divas held in New Delhi, as a new provision.
The external affairs minister has also announced a reduction by 10% in passport fees for applicants below 8 years and above 60 years of age. The parliament Committee had recommended Hindi language entries to be made in passports in the 9th report of Official Language, which was submitted way back in the year 2011.
After the President of India, Pranab
Mukherjee had approved the recommendations made in the report, a facility
was made which will facilitate applicants to apply online for passports in
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018