Midnapore sources stated a police official said that makeshift tent collapsed during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's rally in West Bengal's Midnapore district yesterday, injuring at least 20 people. Accordingly the tent, officials said, was erected next to the main entrance of the rally venue to shelter people from the rain. Meanwhile many enthusiastic BJP supporters were seen crowding inside the tent during the rally.
As per report the Prime Minister could be heard asking them to be careful and the officials said the prime minister saw the tent collapsing while he was in the middle of his speech. Moreover he immediately instructed SPG personnel standing next to him to look after the people and attend to the injured.
The officials added the local BJP unit as well as
Modi's personal staff, including his doctor and SPG personnel, swung into
action to help the injured. It was stated that most of the injured have been
admitted to hospital, an official said, adding that the number could rise. Furthermore
after addressing the rally, the PM went to the hospital to visit the
Amit Shah launched a blistering attack on Congress at Bhopal Accordingly after terming Manmohan Singh led UPA government a 'failure', the Bharatiya Janata Party national president said on Tuesday that Rahul Gandhi is just 'daydreaming' of winning polls. As per report Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched a mega congregation of BJP workers here, an event which comes just ahead of the Assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh.
- Chennai Snake Park to design App for snake bite treatment
- Will TN people join Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan for nominating PM Modi for Nobel Peace Prize?
- Incessant rain triggered flash floods & landslides in Northern India
- MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor