As per report Croatia head coach Zlatko Dalic feels his team played the best match of the FIFA World Cup despite losing 4-2 to France in the final here on Sunday. Dalic quoted as saying after that the game that "He congratulated France on their title and added they played well in the first 20 minutes, we controlled the game, then there was an own goal from a set play. They came back to life, dominated and then the penalty was given”.
Meanwhile a first ever own goal in a World Cup final gave France the lead as Mario Mandzukic headed a free kick into his own net in the 18th minute but Croatia pulled level through a strike from Ivan Perisic in the 28th minute. Accordingly Antoine Griezmann converted a penalty in the 38th minute to regain France's lead which was further increased to 3-1 by Paul Pogba in the 59th minute.
Meanwhile Kylian Mbappe (65th) made it 4-1 before
Mandzukic pounced on a blunder from goalkeeper Hugo Lloris to reduce the
difference to two in the 69th minute, giving some hope to Croatia. "He had
to congratulate his players, it was maybe the best game we played in these
championships and they controlled the match but they conceded". Further Croatia's
celebrated FC Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic said they were unlucky to have
not won the crown despite being the better team in the first period.
Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation project enters next level Hyderabad sources reported that Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao, who hailed the successful wet run, said the Kaleshwaram project (on Godavari river) would certainly usher in a "new life for the farmers". Reports added the chief minister observed that lifting water up to 105 meters high, with 124.4-megawatt capacity pumps, was a tough task, and "it is appreciable that the task could be executed with ease (as per expectations)."
- Why KCR remained silent in suicides of Intermediate students?
- Sri Lankan family shows involvement after ISIS claimed responsibility
- Alagiri Son's properties attached by ED
- History Maker: J.R.D. Tata - Founder of Tata Group
- AP Govt accepts shameful act of tapping phones of YSRCP
- 17413 Crore Pending Bills in Andhra Pradesh
- AP Government Admits Tapping Phones of YSR Congress Leaders?
- BJP Terrorist candidate Sandhvi says her cancer was cured by drinking Cow Urine
- Chennai to face cyclone soon!
- AP Chief Secretary in Delhi with Chandrababu Crime Files
- Tirupathi man dies after suicide prank
- Janasena Symbol To Be Changed in Telangana?
- Indian gold medal winner is from a poor family - Her mom doesn't even knows to switch on the TV
- Chandrababu Behind Intermediate Fiasco in Telangana?
- Ambulance Driver loses license for his fraudulent practices