Sources stated that Thoothukudi district collector, Sandeep Nanduri on Monday refuted rumors that Sterlite is to resume operation, asserting that the closure order of the government against the copper smelter plant remains unaltered. Meanwhile the ‘rumors’ are doing the rounds on social media is being sourced to media reports that the Vedanta has asked its employees to report for duty.
Nanduri said “They might have misconstrued the ongoing material evacuation process monitored by the sub-collector headed team as resumption of production”. Moreover he clarified that around 50% of the materials that included 3,600 metric tonnes of sulphuric acid, 420 tonnes of phosphoric acid, 12,600 tonnes of gypsum, 2,600 tonnes of rock phosphate, silicic acid, copper concentrate, liquid oxygen and other petroleum products like diesel, LPG and Isopropyl Alcohol have been evacuated from the factory site.
Furthermore other materials like rock phosphate and copper concentrates
are the main raw materials resumption of production process is impossible
without these, said the district collector, adding, that a bare minimum of the
company employees have been engaged in the government monitored process of
evacuating the materials. Further it has been said that the employees meet held
on Monday was attended by top officials of the Vedanta resources to discuss the
next course of action for the welfare of Sterlite employees.
People surround ministers in Orathanadu! Relief materials like food, water and electricity were not given to the people of Orathanadu, and hence, the people who were angered by this surrounded the ministers, who had come to the location to inspect the cyclone impacted areas, and questioned them and protested against them, causing chaos.
- Rain warnings for Delta districts!
- Not mandatory to provide Aadhaar to appear for Neet, UGC & CBSE exams
- TN DMK Party contributes 1 crore towards Cyclone relief activities
- Why Donald Trump stops Military Aid to Pakistan?
- Prabhas is in talks with a motor bike company for endorsement deals
- Major Political Parties in Telangana gearing up for campaigning
- Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!