According to sources the session, which is scheduled for 18 sittings, will culminate on August 10. Meanwhile Prime Minister Narendra Modi sought the cooperation of all parties for the smooth functioning of the Monsoon Session of Parliament, BJP and a resurgent Opposition led by Congress is likely to debate over bills on women’s reservation, instant triple talaq and nikah halala in Parliament, where both Congress and BJP want to take credit over these issues.
Moreover, Telugu Desam Party will once again propose no-confidence motion against the Modi government in the Parliament. Maywati’s Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) and Lalu Prasad Yadav’s RJD have extended their support. Accordingly the Winter Session 2017 and Budget Session 2018 of Parliament saw a virtual washout as Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha witnessed a series of logjam and one can only hope that this session will be far more productive.
Furthermore Rajya Sabha Chairman and Vice-President M Venkaiah Naidu have urged both ruling and opposition parties to stop blame game over house disruptions with meeting with eight Union Ministers and 23 leaders belonging to 20 parties, and also urged all parties and leaders to ensure a ‘win-win’ monsoon session and sought their coopera
Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33 Chennai sources stated that chief minister K Palaniswami said the death toll in cyclone ‘Gaja’ has touched 33 and left a trail of destruction across six districts of Tamilnadu with 30,000 electricity poles and over a lakh trees getting uprooted. As per report he maintained that the impact of cyclone was less as 82,000 people were evacuated to 471 relief centres well in advance.
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray