Tirumala sources reported that recently the Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanam (TTD) board had met and made a controversial announcement that the Lord Venkateshwara temple in Tirumala would be closed for nine days from August 9 to 17 and devotees will not be able to have a darshan of the Lord. Meanwhile the closure of temple for devotees was to conduct the Mahasamprokshana, which is held once in 12 years. This decision of TTD came in for widespread criticism.
Presently with media also stepping up criticism of the TTD decision, with repeated exposure by the Sakshi group, the government had to climb down on its call for closure of the temple. Moreover the TDP government seems to have instructed the Executive Officer to facilitate darshan during the nine days. Due to closure of the temple the devotees was taken to facilitate the Mahasamprokshana, but with devotees, religious leaders and media slamming the move, especially after the controversies surrounding TTD, the Board had to rethink its decision.
Reports added that AP CM instructed the TTD
officials to follow the system adopted by the temple on earlier occasions of
performing Mahasamprokshana. He said “Without disturbing the pooja of the Lord,
people should be allowed to have darshan as well”. Further when reacting to the
instructions of AP CM, TTD EO Anil Kumar
Singhal held a press conference here today and said that they would hold the
board meeting on July 24 and take an appropriate decision on allowing darshan
Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case? Dharmabad sources made a statement that in a jolt to Andhra Pradesh CM Nara Chandrababu Naidu and the Dharmbad Court yesterday rejected the recall petition filed by the advocates who represented him. Meanwhile in connection with the Babli project protests case, the Court ordered that Chandrababu, despite being a Chief Minister, should attend the Court proceedings.
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections
- TN Dr. Ambedkar Law University to remove unqualified teaching staff & other staff
- Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory?