Tirumala sources reported that recently the Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanam (TTD) board had met and made a controversial announcement that the Lord Venkateshwara temple in Tirumala would be closed for nine days from August 9 to 17 and devotees will not be able to have a darshan of the Lord. Meanwhile the closure of temple for devotees was to conduct the Mahasamprokshana, which is held once in 12 years. This decision of TTD came in for widespread criticism.
Presently with media also stepping up criticism of the TTD decision, with repeated exposure by the Sakshi group, the government had to climb down on its call for closure of the temple. Moreover the TDP government seems to have instructed the Executive Officer to facilitate darshan during the nine days. Due to closure of the temple the devotees was taken to facilitate the Mahasamprokshana, but with devotees, religious leaders and media slamming the move, especially after the controversies surrounding TTD, the Board had to rethink its decision.
Reports added that AP CM instructed the TTD
officials to follow the system adopted by the temple on earlier occasions of
performing Mahasamprokshana. He said “Without disturbing the pooja of the Lord,
people should be allowed to have darshan as well”. Further when reacting to the
instructions of AP CM, TTD EO Anil Kumar
Singhal held a press conference here today and said that they would hold the
board meeting on July 24 and take an appropriate decision on allowing darshan
Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open As per report the situation between Andhra Pradesh and Centre got worse when the Telugu Desam Party decided to break off ties with the BJP and walked out of the NDA government early last year. Meanwhile ever since the break-up, Andhra Pradesh has been getting a raw deal from the Centre. Furthermore the BJP High Command's interference in ensuring that AP is at a disadvantaged position, added to the already existing tension.
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India