The Chennai high court has raised a question as to why the CBI should not take over the disproportionate assets case on deputy chief minister of Tamilnadu O Panneerselvam. A case has been filed by DMK’s RS Bharathi, against O Panneerselvam, his sons and wife for their disproportionate assets. He had mentioned in the petition that assets have been registered in the names of O Panneerselvam, his sons Raveendranath, Jayapradeep, daughter Kavitha Banu, wife Vijayalakshmi, and his election candidate application has false mention of asset details.
Besides, O Panneerselvam's heirs have invested in countries like US, Turkey, Indonesia, and OPS had mentioned that in 2011 his wife had properties worth 24.20 lakhs, while in 2016 elections he had mentioned 78 lakhs assets, which raises suspicions. In the diary of Sekar Reddy, it was mentioned that OPS had got 4 crores in 6 months. OPS's son Jayapradeep has been the director of 3 companies, with properties owned in places like Periyakulam.
In such a scenario,
the RS Bharathi side's petition further mentions that OPS has did injustice to
people who had voted for him, and that the complaint was given to the anti
corruption department but no action was taken. Now hearing this petition, the
high court has questioned the non action for 3 months by the anti corruption
department, and has raised the question to make CBI investigate and take over
the case. The next hearing of the case has been pushed to July 23,
expecting a response from the anti corruption department.
Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala Accordingly a new study says factors like the declining population in the 19-25 age groups and stagnant wages in the Gulf countries could be responsible for migration from Kerala declining 11% between 2013 and 2018. S. Irudayarajan, who led the Kerala Migration Survey (KMS) 2018 told reporters in Thiruvananthapuram
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!
- H Raja's words will help fascism!
- H Raja receives High court order!
- Babies born yesterday on PM Modi's birthday gifted gold rings at Chennai
- TN couple received Petrol as Marriage Gift!!!
- Ramdev will not campaign for BJP in 2019 elections