Hyderabad sources added that AIMIM leader Asaduddin Owaisi yesterday accused the Centre of neglecting Muslims and demanded that PM Narendra Modi tell how many of them got government jobs, including in central paramilitary forces. Meanwhile the AIMIM leader claimed the Department of Personnel and Training had in a 2007 circular said a Dalit, a member of the Schedule Castes and one from a religious minority will be on the selection committee wherever 10 people or more were to be recruited to ensure adequate representation of minorities in government jobs.
Furthermore he said despite the prime minister's 15 Point Program expressly stating that all efforts would be made to increase the share of the minorities in central government jobs, little was done about it. Reports added that Owaisi claimed the current NDA dispensation discontinued the practice of issuing data on minorities in government jobs. He said "You see the website of Ministry of Minority Affairs where data on how many from minorities, including Muslims and Christians, got jobs in various government departments, which will be used to be given till 2013”.
Furthermore he rejected Union Minority Affairs
Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi's purported claim that the share of Muslims in
central government jobs had increased under the NDA government. Meanwhile Owaisi
said a media report had claimed there was "not a single" Muslim in
the elite National Security Guards (NSG).
. Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals Washington sources reported that Indian-American Neomi Rao to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on the powerful DC Circuit Court of Appeals. Meanwhile if confirmed by the Senate, Rao, would be the second Indian-American judge in this powerful court after judge Sree Srinivasan, who was appointed during the previous Obama regime and the nomination was sent to the Senate Wednesday.
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy
- ISRO successfully launched GSLV-Mk III on Wednesday
- Chandrababu Naidu confident in winning in Telangana
- Muslims in Telangana state upset seeing attitude of political parties