According to sources once you open a temple, everyone can go,” said the Supreme Court on Wednesday while hearing the matter of an arbitrary, temple enforced ban on women between 10 and 50 years from entering the Sabarimala in Kerala. Meanwhile the court also said a woman's right to pray was constitutional and did not depend on law.
As per report from Kerala sources a five judge bench of the Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justices Rohinton Nariman, A M Khanwilkar, D Y Chandrachud and Indu Malhotra were hearing petitions filed by Indian Young Lawyers Association and others challenging the ban in vogue for several years. The CJI said there is no concept of private mandirs (Temples). “Once a temple is opened, everybody can go and offer prayers and nobody can be excluded”.
Counsel Ravi Prakash Gupta submitted that women devotees between the age
group of 10 to 50 were being denied entry into the temple and those touching
the feet of Lord Ayyappa had been considered as a desecration of the Hindu
deity. ‘Menstruation’ was the reason cited by the temple trust for such
treatment of women.
Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why... If you are planning to go on a Tour of France, Health Officials are urging you to pack condoms along with your bags as the cases of chlamydia and gonorrhea tripled in 4 years in the country. These both cases can lead to infertility if they are unnoticed.
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!