According to sources once you open a temple, everyone can go,” said the Supreme Court on Wednesday while hearing the matter of an arbitrary, temple enforced ban on women between 10 and 50 years from entering the Sabarimala in Kerala. Meanwhile the court also said a woman's right to pray was constitutional and did not depend on law.
As per report from Kerala sources a five judge bench of the Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justices Rohinton Nariman, A M Khanwilkar, D Y Chandrachud and Indu Malhotra were hearing petitions filed by Indian Young Lawyers Association and others challenging the ban in vogue for several years. The CJI said there is no concept of private mandirs (Temples). “Once a temple is opened, everybody can go and offer prayers and nobody can be excluded”.
Counsel Ravi Prakash Gupta submitted that women devotees between the age
group of 10 to 50 were being denied entry into the temple and those touching
the feet of Lord Ayyappa had been considered as a desecration of the Hindu
deity. ‘Menstruation’ was the reason cited by the temple trust for such
treatment of women.
Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open As per report the situation between Andhra Pradesh and Centre got worse when the Telugu Desam Party decided to break off ties with the BJP and walked out of the NDA government early last year. Meanwhile ever since the break-up, Andhra Pradesh has been getting a raw deal from the Centre. Furthermore the BJP High Command's interference in ensuring that AP is at a disadvantaged position, added to the already existing tension.
- FIR registered against Pakistani actor wife refusing anti-polio drops to their daughter
- Jr NTR to be brand ambassador for Appy Fizz in South India
- History Maker: Madhusudhan Rao Founder of Lanco Infratech
- Public exam for 5th and 8th class!
- Bank fraudsters caught in Chennai!
- Party members threatening to leave DMDK!
- DMK and Congress Unite!
- Network integration process of Vodafone Idea is on track by June 2020
- Revanth Reddy copycats KCRs style
- Lockheed Martin unveiled F-21 to boost India manufacturing in defense sector
- Hearing in Sunanda Pushkar death case began on February 21
- Will Captain Vijayakanth take alliance decision soon?
- Funny!!! Vietnam Barber expert in Trump & Kim Hairstyles
- How Chennai Swiggy Customer gets order delivery from Rajasthan?
- Tiktok committed to safe & positive in-app environment for users in India