Chennai sources added that Tamilnadu Chief Minister K Palanisamy on Thursday hinted his party AIADMK might not back the no-confidence motion against the Narendra Modi government, saying the motion was moved by the TDP over an issue concerning Andhra Pradesh. Accordingly Palaniswamy said “No party had backed Tamilnadu on the Cauvery issue when AIADMK lawmakers had stalled Lok Sabha for nearly three weeks seeking the constitution of the Cauvery Management Board and the Cauvery Water Regulatory Committee”.
He told reporters in Salem in response to a query whether the AIADMK will support the motion. Which state came forward? No state did". Meanwhile the AIADMK has 37 MPs in Lok Sabha, making it the third largest party after the ruling BJP and opposition Congress. Moreover the BJP and PMK have one MP each from Tamilnadu, which has a total of 39 parliamentary constituencies. Furthermore the Opposition sponsored no-confidence motion against the Modi government moved by the TDP is to be debated in Lok Sabha today.
Hence the N Chandrababu Naidu led ruling party in Andhra Pradesh quit the
ruling NDA coalition in March protesting against the government not giving
special status to the state. Palanisamy said it was only his party MPs,
"on behalf" of the state government, who had raise the issue of CMB
and CWRC during the Budget session of Parliament to "ensure our
Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections? Hyderabad sources stated that caretaker minister K.T. Rama Rao offered to quit politics once and for all if the TRS lost the elections. Replying to a volley of questions posed by journalists at a Meet the Press organized by the Hyderabad Press Club, he asked if any of the Opposition leaders were prepared to accept his challenge of quitting politics if their parties lost the polls. Meanwhile he said there were as many as seven surveys
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal