Accordingly during the debate, Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu said that every benefit that would have come under the Special Category Status (SCS) would accrue to Andhra Pradesh through the package. The CM added "This will be the harbinger of development of our new state that suffered heavily due to the irrational bifurcation''.
Previously on Friday, all the BJP has to do is to take out this resolution and read out from it during the debate on the no-confidence motion moved by the Telugu Desam Party (TDP). Meanwhile all eyes will be on TDP's lead speaker, Jaydev Galla, on how he negotiates this googly that is certain to be bowled by the treasury benches. Furthermore AIADMK too feels the TDP has moved the motion for its state's interests and argues no other party supported it when it was agitating over Cauvery.
Moreover another reason is that both Hyderabad and Chennai are not in favor
of SCS to Andhra and that the argument is that special incentives to Andhra
will tempt investors to shift base or look at Amaravati as the place to make
fresh investments. Reports added Anantapur district in Andhra, on the border
with Karnataka, is being projected as a manufacturing hub and with real estate
expensive in Bengaluru, areas in Anantapur stand to gain, KCR has reportedly
reached out to his friends in the JD(S), to point out that if Andhra's lament
is addressed, it will be at the expense of Telangana, Karnataka and Tamilnadu.
Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45 According to sources toll in cyclone Gaja has touched 45, Tamilnadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami said on Sunday and appealed to leaders of all political parties to take part in the relief activities. As per report he said the relief operations were going on a war footing in the districts affected by the cyclonic storm and state ministers have been deployed in Nagapattinam, Thanjavur,
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth
- Mike Hussey feels Hardik Pandya's absence is greatest disappointment
- Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja