New Delhi sources stated that the Narendra Modi government on Friday passed the no-confidence motion moved by the opposition with an overwhelming majority, with the government getting 325 out of a total 451 votes that only 126 MPs voted in favor of the motion.
Meanwhile the no-confidence motion was put to vote after a 12 hour heated debate which saw the government and opposition trading charges and a moment of drama when Congress chief Rahul Gandhi, after a blistering speech, walked up to the treasury benches to give a hug to Prime Minister Modi. Furthermore the result indicated that the parties not formally part of the BJP led ruling coalition, the NDA, also voted in the government's favor.
Accordingly the AIADMK voted
for the government, while the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) walked out
minutes before the voting on no-trust motion took place. Moreover the Biju
Janata Dal walked out of House earlier in the day to abstain from voting, while
the Shiv Sena, one of the constituents of the National Democratic Alliance
(NDA), boycotted it. He said in a tweet that "NDA has the confidence of
the Lok Sabha and the 125 crore people of India. I thank all the parties that
supported us in the vote today. Our efforts to transform India and fulfill the
dreams of our youth will continue. Jai Hind!".
Anna University Exams postponed to December 13, 14 due to Cyclone Gaja Recently Anna University has announced that theory examinations scheduled for Friday will now be conducted on December 13. As per report the University has also postponed examinations scheduled for November 17 to December 14 and the examinations have been rescheduled on account of Cyclone Gaja, which hit the coastal areas in Tamilnadu on Friday.
- Mobile app to track air pollution developed by Delhi students
- PM Narendra Modi campaigned at Chhattisgarh
- Congress privilege motion against Modi!
- Yogi Adityanath's hug challenge!
- Hyderabad Metro recording footfall of 80,000-85,000 passengers per day
- Controversial Ad of Kalyan Jewelry removed
- Donald Trump unlikely to get boot from Twitter even after threatening Iran
- Pack your Condoms too if you are going on a Tour of France - Here's Why...
- US Officials apologize to Sikh Minister as they forced to remove his Turban
- Two-Wheeler owners to get incentives?
- Leaders can take a lesson or two to watch KTR & Pawan words in public
- Iraqi Airways suspend 2 pilots who fought for food tray
- AP Govt taken a sensational decision restricting CBI's entry into AP
- Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code