New Delhi sources stated that the Narendra Modi government on Friday passed the no-confidence motion moved by the opposition with an overwhelming majority, with the government getting 325 out of a total 451 votes that only 126 MPs voted in favor of the motion.
Meanwhile the no-confidence motion was put to vote after a 12 hour heated debate which saw the government and opposition trading charges and a moment of drama when Congress chief Rahul Gandhi, after a blistering speech, walked up to the treasury benches to give a hug to Prime Minister Modi. Furthermore the result indicated that the parties not formally part of the BJP led ruling coalition, the NDA, also voted in the government's favor.
Accordingly the AIADMK voted
for the government, while the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) walked out
minutes before the voting on no-trust motion took place. Moreover the Biju
Janata Dal walked out of House earlier in the day to abstain from voting, while
the Shiv Sena, one of the constituents of the National Democratic Alliance
(NDA), boycotted it. He said in a tweet that "NDA has the confidence of
the Lok Sabha and the 125 crore people of India. I thank all the parties that
supported us in the vote today. Our efforts to transform India and fulfill the
dreams of our youth will continue. Jai Hind!".
CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar According to report CBI sources said former ICICI Bank CEO and MD Chanda Kochhar, her husband Deepak Kochhar and industrialist V.N. Dhoot in connection with the Rs 3,250 crore loan case involving the Videocon Group and ICICI Bank. Meanwhile the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) sources said the agency would initiate the summons as it had completed the scrutiny of documents
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina
- Animosity between AP people & Central government out in the open