New Delhi sources stated that the Narendra Modi government on Friday passed the no-confidence motion moved by the opposition with an overwhelming majority, with the government getting 325 out of a total 451 votes that only 126 MPs voted in favor of the motion.
Meanwhile the no-confidence motion was put to vote after a 12 hour heated debate which saw the government and opposition trading charges and a moment of drama when Congress chief Rahul Gandhi, after a blistering speech, walked up to the treasury benches to give a hug to Prime Minister Modi. Furthermore the result indicated that the parties not formally part of the BJP led ruling coalition, the NDA, also voted in the government's favor.
Accordingly the AIADMK voted
for the government, while the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) walked out
minutes before the voting on no-trust motion took place. Moreover the Biju
Janata Dal walked out of House earlier in the day to abstain from voting, while
the Shiv Sena, one of the constituents of the National Democratic Alliance
(NDA), boycotted it. He said in a tweet that "NDA has the confidence of
the Lok Sabha and the 125 crore people of India. I thank all the parties that
supported us in the vote today. Our efforts to transform India and fulfill the
dreams of our youth will continue. Jai Hind!".
Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London Reportedly Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy on Friday was awarded the honorary degree of Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) by Royal Holloway, University of London, for his outstanding contribution to the field of Computer Science and the role model he represents in India and on the global stage.
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam
- PM Modi had asked people to send their ideas for his Independence speech
- 3 Day heavy rain warning given to Telangana: IMD
- Who is role model in AP?
- Will Anna Canteen workers be paid their salary?
- Your Porn viewing habits tracked by Google & Facebook
- Heavy Rain lashing Kerala
- AP state Govt Employees to get 30% HRA
- WB decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project
- Central Government Behind World Bank Refusing Loan for Amaravati?
- Edappadi announced 2 New Districts for Tamilnadu
- Complaints Against Bigg Boss 3 Reaches Delhi