New Delhi sources stated that Finance minister Piyush Goyal took a dig at Shashi Tharoor, saying he did not understand the Congress leader's "foreign accent". Meanwhile while participating in the debate in the Lok Sabha on the Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill, Tharoor had attacked the government saying there was a "significant gap" between the government's rhetoric and action.
Accordingly he had launched a scathing attack on the Modi government saying Nirav Modi, who had fled the country after allegedly duping state run banks of crores of rupees, was photographed with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Davos. Furthermore while replying to the debate on the bill, Goyal said he did not understand the "foreign English accent" of Tharoor.
Moreover he came to the Congress MP's defense,
saying "It is not fair on the part of the minister" to make such a
comment and when Parliamentary affairs Minister Ananth Kumar intervened in the
matter, Premachandran retorted that he had every right to do so, since the
minister had made an observation about a member of the Opposition. Furthermore prior
to his entry in politics, Tharoor served extensively at the United Nations,
where he had unsuccessfully contested for the UN Secretary General's post.
PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon Singapore sources reported that Prime Minister Narendra Modi today felicitated the six winning teams, including three from India, of the first India-Singapore Hackathon, a platform for the youth of the two countries to harness and showcase their innovations. Accordingly the top six teams, three each from India and Singapore, participated in a 36 hour Hackathon Grande Finale in Singapore.
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals
- Gaja impacts throughout the state!
- Smriti Trolls DeepVeer!
- 13 year old dies in boxing contest!
- TN govt ready to face Gaja!
- Automated baggage check-in facility introduced for passengers in Bengaluru Airport
- Railway suspects passengers for missing Bed sheets & Towels in A/c Coaches
- KCR has No Loans, No Cars in his name
- Pawan Kalyans shocking comments on BJP
- Multi pronged strategy adopted by Telangana Cops to prevent Maoists threat
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi & Anil Ambani in Rafael Deal
- Cyclone Gaja expected with more anticipation in Chennai
- Deepika-Ranveer MARRIED in Italy