New Delhi sources stated that Finance minister Piyush Goyal took a dig at Shashi Tharoor, saying he did not understand the Congress leader's "foreign accent". Meanwhile while participating in the debate in the Lok Sabha on the Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill, Tharoor had attacked the government saying there was a "significant gap" between the government's rhetoric and action.
Accordingly he had launched a scathing attack on the Modi government saying Nirav Modi, who had fled the country after allegedly duping state run banks of crores of rupees, was photographed with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Davos. Furthermore while replying to the debate on the bill, Goyal said he did not understand the "foreign English accent" of Tharoor.
Moreover he came to the Congress MP's defense,
saying "It is not fair on the part of the minister" to make such a
comment and when Parliamentary affairs Minister Ananth Kumar intervened in the
matter, Premachandran retorted that he had every right to do so, since the
minister had made an observation about a member of the Opposition. Furthermore prior
to his entry in politics, Tharoor served extensively at the United Nations,
where he had unsuccessfully contested for the UN Secretary General's post.
Tamilisai welcomes Kamal speech! BJP Tamilnadu leader Tamilisai Soundararajan has said that it is wrong to consider either Rajinikanth or Vijay's statements as a danger to BJP. She had met the press recently at Chennai airport and had said that Rajinikanth's statement that he is not going to contest Lok Sabha elections is a clear one and that it will not cause any danger to BJP.
- Kiran Bedi Vs Narayanasamy intensifies!
- Kaduvetti Guru's mother against Anbumani!
- 4 soldiers die in a fight!
- Kamal slams Rajinikanth
- KPN Travels - A Bus Service which would make you regret
- Pulwama attacker's father blames Indian security forces for his son turning into terrorist
- Telangana will have 33 districts from now onwards
- Police arrested Kashmiri student for making insensitive posts about Pulwama terror attack
- Mamata Banerjee condemned Pulwama attack, strong action against Pakistan
- Rajinikanth warned Media not to use his photograph for LS Polls 2019
- Pakistan Authorities cancelled registration of a school for playing Indian song & Flag
- Contribute to CRPF Families through this websites
- EPS spends 15 crores on ads!
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!