New Delhi sources stated that Finance minister Piyush Goyal took a dig at Shashi Tharoor, saying he did not understand the Congress leader's "foreign accent". Meanwhile while participating in the debate in the Lok Sabha on the Fugitive Economic Offenders Bill, Tharoor had attacked the government saying there was a "significant gap" between the government's rhetoric and action.
Accordingly he had launched a scathing attack on the Modi government saying Nirav Modi, who had fled the country after allegedly duping state run banks of crores of rupees, was photographed with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Davos. Furthermore while replying to the debate on the bill, Goyal said he did not understand the "foreign English accent" of Tharoor.
Moreover he came to the Congress MP's defense,
saying "It is not fair on the part of the minister" to make such a
comment and when Parliamentary affairs Minister Ananth Kumar intervened in the
matter, Premachandran retorted that he had every right to do so, since the
minister had made an observation about a member of the Opposition. Furthermore prior
to his entry in politics, Tharoor served extensively at the United Nations,
where he had unsuccessfully contested for the UN Secretary General's post.
PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh According to sources Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s office has said he had visited Odisha and poll bound Chhattisgarh yesterday and launched several projects in the states. Meanwhile he had unveiled a plaque to mark the commencement of work for the revival of Talcher fertilizer plant in Odisha and this is the first plant in India to have a coal classification based fertilizer unit.
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!
- Daye suppression isn't the end!
- HD Kumaraswamy meets 3,000 people every week during 'Janata Darshan'
- Muslims across 31 districts of Telangana must get representation in 2018 Elections