The parliament monsoon session's 4th sitting witnessed the government introducing six bills and passing two of them in Lok Sabha and three were taken for passing at Rajya Sabha. The Lok Sabha was not adjourned, but the Upper House was adjourned once for the special category status demand by Andhra Pradesh besides allegations by Congress regarding inappropriate usage of Central agencies.
This session has been functioning smoothly as both NDA and opposition have been participating in discussions. The Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2017 and National Council for Teacher Education (Amendment) Bill, 2017 were passed in Lok Sabha after initial discussions. The amendment in Negotiable Instruments Bill facilitates interim compensation payment in cases of cheque dishonor to avoid pending payments.
The teacher education Bill aims to recognize Central and state universities who have conducted unpermitted teacher education courses without the consent of National Council for Teacher Education. The Specific Relief (Amendment) Bill, 2017, was passed at Rajya Sabha and was passed by the Lok Sabha.
Cochin International Airport bags an award Thiruvananthapuram sources stated that as per report Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will be honored by the UN with the ‘Champion of Earth Prize’ for the year 2018, after having successfully implemented the use of solar energy rendering it the world’s only airport run on solar power. Meanwhile this comes just three years after the airport took on a gargantuan task in October 2015 to power the airport fully and exclusively through solar energy.
- 1000 War rockets to be preserved at Museum
- TN Matriculation Head orders Schools not to collect Money by threatening parents
- Alibaba makes record selling in first five minutes & $10 billion figure achieved
- Distributing 1 Lakh Cows per year is in BJPs Manifesto
- 69% Pakistanis aged 15-65 years don't know what the Internet is!!!
- Why Pasupuleti Balaraju quit TDP joined Janasena Party?
- Telangana Polls scheduled to be held by December 7
- Trump missing from one of weekend's most powerful images
- TRS MP Kavita attacked TPCC Chief
- Stalin condemns Periyar caste reference!
- Gaja storm getting intensified!
- Sivakasi laborers set to lose jobs!
- Viral video from Kaduvetti guru son!
- TRS released list of candidates for 107 of 119 Assembly Constituencies
- YSRCP Leader YS Jagan resumed his Padayatra with Emotional Welcome