The parliament monsoon session's 4th sitting witnessed the government introducing six bills and passing two of them in Lok Sabha and three were taken for passing at Rajya Sabha. The Lok Sabha was not adjourned, but the Upper House was adjourned once for the special category status demand by Andhra Pradesh besides allegations by Congress regarding inappropriate usage of Central agencies.
This session has been functioning smoothly as both NDA and opposition have been participating in discussions. The Negotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2017 and National Council for Teacher Education (Amendment) Bill, 2017 were passed in Lok Sabha after initial discussions. The amendment in Negotiable Instruments Bill facilitates interim compensation payment in cases of cheque dishonor to avoid pending payments.
The teacher education Bill aims to recognize Central and state universities who have conducted unpermitted teacher education courses without the consent of National Council for Teacher Education. The Specific Relief (Amendment) Bill, 2017, was passed at Rajya Sabha and was passed by the Lok Sabha.
MD, New VP of India Operations appointed by FB As per report Facebook on Monday announced it has appointed Ajit Mohan, former CEO of video streaming platform Hotstar, as Managing Director and Vice-President, Facebook India. Meanwhile set to join Facebook from early next year, Mohan will be responsible for driving Face book’s overall strategy and continued investment in India, reporting directly to the Menlo Park based headquarter and not Asia Pacific.
- Bengaluru to receive heavy rain this week
- Will Harish get more majority to KCR in the ensuing elections?
- TPCC Working President confident SB Congress winning in Telangana
- Mother of one of 7 convicts in Rajiv Gandhi assassination case met TN Governor
- Maoist killers identified!
- Telangana Governor follows new way in saving Fuel
- Case against Tamilisai soon!
- Hyderabad Metro Rail carries 85,000 Passengers daily
- Baba on moon? Truth or fake?
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018