Oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan has revealed that Iran has overtaken Saudi Arabia to become second largest supplier of crude oil to Indian public sector firms in the current fiscal's first three months. Indian public sector unions had stopped oil imports from Iran in last fiscal by quarter, and bought crude oil of 5.67 million tonnes from Iran during April-June, toppling import level from Saudi Arabia.
The Imports from Iran were next to Iraq. 9.8 million Tonnes of crude oil were bought by oil marketing companies in 2017-18 fiscal, while it was 13.04 million tonnes in 2016-17 fiscal, said Dharmendra Pradhan in a letter in Lok Sabha.
State owned firms like Mangalore
refinery and petrochemical limited, Indian oil corporation, Hindustan petroleum
corporation had bought 5.67 million tonnes of crude oil from Iran during
the first three months of 2018-19 fiscal for a whopping 19,978.46 crores
said Dharmendra Pradhan.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!