Sources from Chennai added thanks to the GST rate cut, consumer durables, which have been witnessing a slower growth for the past six quarters, are expected to return to double digit growth with the sentiments improving during the festival season. Recently the government reduced the GST rates of refrigerators, freezing equipment, washing machines, vacuum cleaners and television sets measuring less than 27 inches from 28% to 18%.
Meanwhile in smaller appliances, the rate cut is applicable to food grinders, mixers, juice extractors, storage water heaters, immersion heaters, hair dryers, hand dryers and electric smoothing irons. Kamal Nandi, business head and EVP, Godrej Appliances said “The rate cut is applicable for a few products. But this will build positive sentiment during the festival season and hence propel growth. Further, a normal monsoon and increased agricultural income would support growth”.
Nandi added “It is a very positive move for us as
our sales numbers in washing machines and televisions would pick up
substantially and they have been waiting for this to happen and finally government
has cut the rates from 28% to 18% and GST is an opportunity for us to spur
demand and hence we would are not looking at any further hike for the festival
season”. Moreover the government also had reduced the GST rate of paints from
28% to 18% and the paint too is a fast moving category during festival and
24 districts in TN declared drought-hit on account of failure of northeast monsoon Reportedly as the Indian summer descends over the peninsula, the Regional Meteorological Centre in Chennai has predicted a heat stress that is likely to occur at isolated places over interior Tamilnadu. Meanwhile according to a weather forecast issued by the RMC on Thursday, Vellore, Tiruvannamalai, Krishnagiri, Dharmapuri, Salem, Namakkal, Tiruchirapalli, Karur, Dindigul and Madurai districts would likely witness heat stress on Monday.
- Four days after an under construction building collapsed in Dharwad, Karnataka
- Pawan Kalyan let out his Assets worth
- Kummanam Rajashekaran bagged a ticket to contest from Thiruvananthapuram constituency
- Melania Trump posted a sweet birthday wish for her son Barron on Twitter
- Father Vs Daughter clash in AP politics now!
- TTV Dinakaran's counter for OPS son!
- Bank data misused by TDP for vote money!
- YSRCP advantage in Nellore!
- My rivals lacked guts to attack Me directly, targeting watchmen: PM Modi
- Tamilnadu CM Edappadi Palaniswami said its PM candidate was yet undecided
- Will Telugu Actor Mohan Babu's protest against AP Govt is fruitful?
- Dharmapaul Gulati History Maker Founder of MDH Spices
- TDP Exposes Mohan Babu's Lies on Fees Reimbursement
- Jagan's Pulivendula Right Hand Arrested in Viveka Case?
- Pawan Kalyan Playing Caste Politics Very Well