Chennai sources reported that as the heat and dust over the closure of Vedanta’s Copper smelting plant in Thoothukudi is yet to settle down even after the state government ordered its closure two months ago, the Copper Consumers Association of South India (CCASI) say their industries are getting choked up due to lack of supply of raw material.
Meanwhile the Sterlite plant’s closure has added to their woes in not meeting the requirements of consumers and has thinned down the workforce in many small scale industrial units in the form of retrenchment. Accordingly the association has demanded the government to ensure alternate source of procuring the raw material copper, and thereby help about 50,000 industries in India to survive.
Moreover the Winding Wires Manufacturers
Association of India president Sudhir Kumar Agarwal has claimed that the sudden
closure of Sterlite’s copper plant has resulted in huge loss to winding wire
industry and impacting the production of all electrical and electronic
equipment. Furthermore he added if the closure continues, the industry will be
forced to import copper at an additional cost of about 5% more than domestic
prices, resulting in cascading effect for the ultimate user and can be highly
Trump cancelled his own participation in Davos, citing row over his proposed wall Washington sources reported that President Donald Trump on Thursday cancelled the US delegation's trip to the annual international conference at Davos, saying the officials were needed in Washington to tackle the shutdown of the federal government. A statement from Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said "Out of consideration for the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay and to ensure
- Telangana & AP extended time limit for interstate transfers
- Trump coming out with reforms giving H-1B visa holders certainty to stay in US
- SC appoints Ombudsman for Hardik & Rahul comments
- Rakesh Asthana ousted from CBI!
- TASMAC surpasses Petta!
- Congress MP's trolls Amit and gets criticism!
- World's top four Richest Celebrity list with their individual net worth
- RBI Governor to cut Interest Rates
- PhonePe seen a remarkable growth in 2018 in offline business
- Vijayashanthi questions Why TRS shows fake statements
- SC orders protection for counterfeit travelers in Sabarimala issue
- Boxing Legend Muhammad Ali name for US Airport
- Reliance Jio Net Profit jumped to 65%
- Arun Jaitley to increase Income Tax Slabs Tax Rate
- Ola Money Postpaid offers a 15 day credit line to passengers