According to sources Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced yesterday that India will build a Gandhi Heritage Centre at a sacred site in Uganda where a portion of Mahatma Gandhi's ashes was immersed to pay homage to the towering leader's universal and timeless values of life and the story of India's own freedom struggle is closely linked to Africa.
Modi said "As we approach the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, there can be no better homage than a Centre to remind us of Africa's role in shaping his mission that even inspired Africa to freedom and justice; and the universal and timeless values of his life and message”. Furthermore at the sacred site in Jinja, 85 kilometre from Kampala, where a statue of Gandhiji now stands, we will build a Gandhi Heritage Centre”.
Moreover Modi, the first Indian prime minister to address the Parliament
of Uganda, said for India, Gandhi was more than just the 21 years that he
spent in Africa, or the First Non-Cooperation Movement he led and the moral
principles of independence movement, or the peaceful means to pursue it, were
not just confined to the boundaries of India or to the future of Indians and it
was a universal quest for liberty, dignity, equality and opportunity for every
human being and did it apply more than in Africa”.
California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit Accordingly Authorities said the list of missing people had jumped from 300 to 631 during the day as investigators went back and reviewed emergency calls made when the so-called Camp Fire in northern California erupted on November 8. Reports added President Donald Trump is set to visit the western state on Saturday to meet with victims of the wildfires, believed to be the deadliest and most destructive in the state's history.
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam
- PM Modi felicitated winning teams of Singapore-India Hackathon
- Social Activist Trupti Desai urged PM ensuring security for her visit to Sabarimala Temple
- Karunanidhi's Life Size Statue to be unveiled on December 16
- . Indian-American to replace Justice Brett Kavanaugh on DC Circuit Court of Appeals