Hyderabad sources added that researchers at the Indian Institute of Public Health, Hyderabad (IIPH-H) are presently working on a drone delivery system for medical products which is expected to be time and cost effective compared to transportation by road. Accordingly Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator and Health Informatics, IIPH, Suresh Munuswamy told the Digital Drone based Real Time Advanced Medical Modular logistics system (2 DREAM) model envisages delivering medical products to the point of need or utilization on a drone.
He said the medical products include blood samples, vaccines, and medicines. Meanwhile Munuswamy said the institute is working on developing the design of the drone (suitable for the purpose), the specifications, including the distance the drone is supposed to travel, and the approximate size of the payload i.e. carrying capacity of the drone.
He said "We are working on and one is coming out with specifications,
second is working on the design part, third is looking for partners who
actually have these technologies and bring them together”. Furthermore the
specifications are needed as there are drones which travel varied distances. Moreover
the medical products are proposed to be carried in a modular purpose built
digital carrier box where temperature and the payload carried is maintained,
monitored and recorded continuously.
Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP As per report a day after Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy called for a “revolt” against the BJP in Karnataka, BJP MP Sadananda Gowda and a delegation of the party’s leaders met with Governor Vajubhai Vala and submitted a memorandum requesting legal action to be taken against him.
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!
- Krishnaswamy turns against Karunas!