Today, a resolution was passed in the West Bengal state Assembly which proposed renaming of the state as Bangla in Bengali, English and Hindi. It has been said that this is a categorical move made by the West Bengal government to improve their position in the alphabetical sequence of state names where currently West Bengal is the last entry.
However, nothing is decided yet, as the west Bengal government will have to wait for receiving the approval of the resolution by the central government Home Ministry. It must be noted that previously the Central government had rejected the West Bengal government proposals to have multiple names Bengali name Bangla, English name Bengal and Hindi name Bangal.
In 2011, the West Bengal government lead by Mamata Banerjee had proposed to rename West Bengal as Paschim Bango but it was rejected by the central government.
NATA Elects New Executive Committee for 2019 - 2020 Atlantic City (NJ): North American Telugu Association (NATA) has elected its new executive committee for 2019-20 at the annual board meeting held at Atlantic City Convention Center, Atlantic City, NJ. NATA has decided to have its Biannual convention at Atlantic City Convention Center in Atlantic City (NJ) in 2020.
- Is dreams of MGR & J. Jayalalitha fulfilled by PM Modi?
- Will actress Kareena Kapoor Khan follow footsteps of her late father-in-law in politics?
- Rapper Cardi B has slammed US President Donald Trump
- TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules
- Tamilnadu CM ready for By-polls with Lok Sabha Polls
- Exciting News: Flipkart Republic Day Sale started from January 20 to 22, 2019
- Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?