Today, a resolution was passed in the West Bengal state Assembly which proposed renaming of the state as Bangla in Bengali, English and Hindi. It has been said that this is a categorical move made by the West Bengal government to improve their position in the alphabetical sequence of state names where currently West Bengal is the last entry.
However, nothing is decided yet, as the west Bengal government will have to wait for receiving the approval of the resolution by the central government Home Ministry. It must be noted that previously the Central government had rejected the West Bengal government proposals to have multiple names Bengali name Bangla, English name Bengal and Hindi name Bangal.
In 2011, the West Bengal government lead by Mamata Banerjee had proposed to rename West Bengal as Paschim Bango but it was rejected by the central government.
Will Tamilnadu Govt make Helmet compulsory? Chennai sources stated that pointing out that the state government is not serious on implementing its own order making wearing of helmets by two-wheeler riders and pillion riders compulsory, Madras high court has directed the state government to sensitize people of the benefits and law regarding wearing of helmet by riders and pillion riders, and the consequence of breach of the mandate.
- Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington