Today, a resolution was passed in the West Bengal state Assembly which proposed renaming of the state as Bangla in Bengali, English and Hindi. It has been said that this is a categorical move made by the West Bengal government to improve their position in the alphabetical sequence of state names where currently West Bengal is the last entry.
However, nothing is decided yet, as the west Bengal government will have to wait for receiving the approval of the resolution by the central government Home Ministry. It must be noted that previously the Central government had rejected the West Bengal government proposals to have multiple names Bengali name Bangla, English name Bengal and Hindi name Bangal.
In 2011, the West Bengal government lead by Mamata Banerjee had proposed to rename West Bengal as Paschim Bango but it was rejected by the central government.
Will traffic be ensured safely during rallies & processions? Hyderabad sources added following the incident of an ambulance being trapped during an election rally of TRS MP Malla Reddy at Jawahar Nagar, the city traffic chief has warned law enforcement enforcers against the organizers who are behind violations especially those who endanger the lives of commuters.
- Sonali Bandre thanked her Hubby on their wedding day
- Sehwag challenges Kohli can't do it!
- Ice seller tries to commit suicide!
- Rajinikanth's sudden press meet!
- Gaja storm takes extreme speed!
- Pawan Failed to STOP
- Rajinikanth is against PM Narendra Modi
- Wealthy Indian tech arrested for assaulting escort
- Cops shot the guy who killed the Indian student
- Is Chandrababu Naidu & DGPs involved in knife attack on YS Jagan?
- Suzuki Burgman Street scooters ready for launch
- Soorasamharam Event held in a spiritual way at Tiruchendur
- Lives of tribals mean nothing to Chandrababu today: Pawan
- Did Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan brought KCR closer to BJP?
- Cyclonic storm Gaja to bring heavy Rainfall Coupled with Gale Wind