New Delhi sources added argued senior advocate K Parasaran in the Supreme Court that as per the custom and long tradition, women in the age group of 10 to 50 are not allowed as manifestation of God in the Ayyappa temple at Sabarimala is a celibate and the deity does not want the presence of women in this age group. Meanwhile Parasaran made this submission before a Constitution Bench of Chief Justice Dipak Misra and Justices Rohinton Nariman, AM Kanwilkar, DY Chandrachud and Indu Malhotra hearing a batch of petitions challenging the ban on entry of women in the age group of 10 to 50 in this temple.
Accordingly Parasaran, appearing for Nair Society, one of the interveners, said Sabarimala was a unique temple where other than Hindus, Christians, Muslims and even foreigners are allowed entry, but as per the custom and long tradition, women in the age of 10 to 50 are not allowed, as manifestation of God in this temple is a celibate.
Moreover he submitted that if the court was to
abolish the practice, the very character of the religious institution will be
irreparably altered which affects the rights of devotees under Article 25(1). Furthermore
he submitted that the present case does not involve a social issue but a
religious issue. Hence Parasaran said not only the perception of the worshiper
but also what is being worshiped is also important.
Alone time given Me the strength to handle life: PM Modi New Delhi sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said in an interview that he would go to the jungles for a five day hiatus during Diwali holidays every year to reflect on his life. Meanwhile he recently interacted with the popular Facebook page, Humans of Bombay, which released the interview in parts. Furthermore in the previous two installments of the interaction, PM Modi had spoken about his childhood how he grew up as the son of a tea seller, his early inclination towards
- Indian Movie nominated for Oscars
- Will Prabhas get BJP MLA ticket for 2019 Elections?
- APSRTC Employees Union calls for indefinite statewide strike from February 6
- Hyderabad HC issued notices to makers of 'Lakshmi's NTR'
- Iconic Bikini Climber dies on Mountain
- Toyota makes Joint Venture with Panasonic
- India's Air Passenger Traffic hikes
- India facing a rising tide of people unwilling to be vaccinated
- Chinese vendors flooded both online & offline channels for Smartphone selling
- TDP is seemingly attempting to tap into Kapu vote bank
- Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi!
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral