According to sources three years after the plastic ban was introduced in Bengaluru, the city’s civic body, has finally began enforcing the rule. Meanwhile officials of the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike’s (BBMP’s) Solid Waste Management department on Tuesday and Wednesday conducted checks on retail outlets and raided shops of vendors of banned plastic items.
As per report the BBMP officials have managed to seize 1.5 tonnes of banned plastic items within a span of two days. Moreover according to officials with the BBMP’s Solid Waste Management Department, surprise checks were carried out in shops located in Avenue Road, KR Market and Neelasandra. Furthermore sources in the BBMP say that the officials seized banned plastic items weighing 1 tonne from just one shop located on Avenue Road.
BBMP official said “The BBMP is imposing a fine of
Rs 10,000 on those who own small shops and Rs 50,000 to Rs 1 lakh for larger
shop owners. According to the official, the Palike began cracking down on
shops in KR Market and Avenue Road as these are the shops which sell plastic
items to shop owners from other areas in the city.
KCR in mindset to start National Party after Polls Hyderabad sources reported that Telangana Chief Minister and Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) President K Chandrasekhar Rao had launched his party's election campaign with a call for 'Congress and BJP mukt Bharat'. When addressing an election rally in Karimnagar, he blamed the two national parties for all the ills plaguing the country and underlined the need for an alternative to bring qualitative change in the national politics.
- SHOCKING: Lokesh To Back out of Mangalagiri?
- Why Pawan Kalyan Chose Gajuwaka and Bhimavaram?
- Jagan demands CBI probe!
- BJP active on Chowkidar campaign!
- Datachor and Vennupottu CBN trending!
- Two Indians among dead in NZ!
- MK Stalin commences campaigning from Thiruvarur constituency by March 20
- Why industrialist quit from Kamal Hassan's MNM Party?
- Manohar Parrikar was an unparalleled leader: Narendra Modi
- Is there a clash between DMK & AIADMK in 8 Lok Sabha seats sharing?
- Andhra Pradesh 2019 Lok Sabha Election Survey
- Will Trump make arrangements for reopening General Motors?
- Chennai School restricts parents not to order food through Swiggy & Uber Eats
- Did YS Vivekananda Reddy's family members or friends kill him?
- Anil Agarwal History Maker- Founder of Sterlite Industries & Vedanta Resources