According to sources three years after the plastic ban was introduced in Bengaluru, the city’s civic body, has finally began enforcing the rule. Meanwhile officials of the Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike’s (BBMP’s) Solid Waste Management department on Tuesday and Wednesday conducted checks on retail outlets and raided shops of vendors of banned plastic items.
As per report the BBMP officials have managed to seize 1.5 tonnes of banned plastic items within a span of two days. Moreover according to officials with the BBMP’s Solid Waste Management Department, surprise checks were carried out in shops located in Avenue Road, KR Market and Neelasandra. Furthermore sources in the BBMP say that the officials seized banned plastic items weighing 1 tonne from just one shop located on Avenue Road.
BBMP official said “The BBMP is imposing a fine of
Rs 10,000 on those who own small shops and Rs 50,000 to Rs 1 lakh for larger
shop owners. According to the official, the Palike began cracking down on
shops in KR Market and Avenue Road as these are the shops which sell plastic
items to shop owners from other areas in the city.
Baba on moon? Truth or fake? Yesterday night, the whole of Chennai had been awake watching the moon as there was news spreading that the image of Sai Baba was visible on the moon. There were widespread rumors spreading over Facebook, WhatsApp and other social media platforms that Sai Baba was visible on the moon, and that he was watching the people and hence people must see him on moon to receive his blessings, and this message had become viral.
- Arputhammal gives petition to Governor!
- Rajinikanth to target November or December!
- TN targeted by Maoists?
- Gujarat based Pharma company Sterling Biotech involved in 5000 Crore Bank fraud
- DoT approached SC for Spectrum Dues
- Donald Trump has hit 12% of total US imports by 2018
- Karnataka Govt plans to set up free Wi-Fi in 198 wards
- Kerala to witness heavy rains for next 48 Hours
- 3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE
- Hyderabad youngsters stranded in Malaysia
- Telangana health coverage model is a robust program covering nearly 80 lakh families
- US badly attacked on Military parade in Iran
- TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll