Washington sources reported that US President Donald Trump slammed Twitter for "shadow banning" some Republicans in search results on the micro-blogging platform. Trump tweeted "Shadow Banning" prominent Republicans, Not good and they will look into this discriminatory and illegal practice at once many complaints".
Meanwhile the tweet came a day after Vice News reported that Republican Party chair Ronna McDaniel, several conservative Republican congressmen and Donald Trump Jr.'s spokesperson stopped showing up in Twitter's auto-populated drop down search box. Accordingly Twitter is limiting the visibility of prominent Republicans in search results a technique known as "shadow banning" in what it says is a side effect of its attempts to improve the quality of discourse on the platform".
Moreover a Twitter spokesperson told vice "We
are aware that some accounts are not automatically populating in our search box
and shipping a change to address this". Furthermore after Trump's
tweet, Twitter shares slipped 3.2 per cent to $42.79 in early trading, Fortune
reported. Trump has 53.3 million followers on the micro-blogging platform.
Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks According to report in a reform measure aimed at further consolidation, the government on Monday announced the merger of three state run banks Dena Bank, Vijaya Bank and the Bank of Baroda that will make it the country's third largest bank with a combined business of Rs.14.82 lakh crore.
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar
- Migrants figures shown a negative growth of 11.6% from Kerala
- Uber's Food delivery launched Insurance Program in partnership with Tata AIG
- Investigation about Sewing Needle hidden in Strawberries
- Karnataka Govt reduced state taxes on petrol & diesel
- Is YS Jagan caught in a trap?
- Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh testifies hearing before Senate Judiciary Committee
- Major Fire Accident at Kanya Cinema Theater, Visakhapatnam
- T Rajendar coming to Thiruvarur?
- Auto driver attacked for questioning BJP leader on Petrol price hike!
- Yet again Petrol Price goes up...
- Case against Thirumurugan Gandhi dismissed!