Hyderabad sources reported that Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) President Uttam Kumar Reddy announced that his party extended complete support to the ongoing nationwide truckers strike. Meanwhile the Congress top leader in an announcement urged the Centre and State governments to take immediate steps to end the strike. His announcement read "The Centre and State should immediately hold discussions and come to terms with the demands of the truckers”.
Earlier on June 20, the All India Motor Transport Congress (AIMTC) went on an indefinite nationwide strike to protest against the government on various issues, including a demand to reduce prices of petrol and diesel by rationalizing taxes in accordance with the international market. Moreover nearly 93 lakh trucks and other goods vehicles are participating in the strike, causing a major disruption in the movement of goods across the country.
Uttam observed "During the UPA government, the third party insurance was Rs 18,000, while the present government is charging Rs 47,000 per vehicle". Moreover the Telangana Congress Chief urged the government to consider the truckers association's demand to allow toll-free transport on National Highways and the Centre should ensure that road tax paid in Telangana or Andhra Pradesh is made applicable in both the states.
Lokesh took risk where as Pavan played safe game! Lokesh and Pavan Kalyan made their political debut and test their luck by contesting to Assembly. Lokesh has decided to contest from Mangalagiri where as Pavan Kalyan shows his intention to contest from Bhimavaram and Gajuwaka Assembly segments.
- Kanna will be the candidate of Vizag MP?
- What is Roja's Condition in Nagari This Time?
- TDP's Efforts To Prevent YSRCP Hindupur MP Nomination Foiled
- CM Chandrababu is Criminal Minister: Jagan
- Why former Indian Cricketer Azharuddin denied MP ticket?
- YS Jagan Mohan Reddy lashed out at Chandrababu Naidu for delay in Polavaram Project
- Bhimavaram & Gajuwaka best bets for Pawan Kalyan by partys General Body
- Nagababu Joins Party, Janasena Becomes Another Family Pack