Hyderabad sources reported that Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) President Uttam Kumar Reddy announced that his party extended complete support to the ongoing nationwide truckers strike. Meanwhile the Congress top leader in an announcement urged the Centre and State governments to take immediate steps to end the strike. His announcement read "The Centre and State should immediately hold discussions and come to terms with the demands of the truckers”.
Earlier on June 20, the All India Motor Transport Congress (AIMTC) went on an indefinite nationwide strike to protest against the government on various issues, including a demand to reduce prices of petrol and diesel by rationalizing taxes in accordance with the international market. Moreover nearly 93 lakh trucks and other goods vehicles are participating in the strike, causing a major disruption in the movement of goods across the country.
Uttam observed "During the UPA government, the third party insurance was Rs 18,000, while the present government is charging Rs 47,000 per vehicle". Moreover the Telangana Congress Chief urged the government to consider the truckers association's demand to allow toll-free transport on National Highways and the Centre should ensure that road tax paid in Telangana or Andhra Pradesh is made applicable in both the states.
Cyclone Alert over west-central Bay of Bengal: IMD Accordingly a cyclone alert has been issued for the northern coastal region of the state of Andhra Pradesh with the Indian Meteorological Department predicting 'very heavy to extremely heavy' rains in the region. Meanwhile the IMD has stated that depression has formed over west-central Bay of Bengal which could intensify into a cyclonic storm.
- Why BJP spoiled alliance between TDP and TRS?
- Pakistan ready to discuss terrorism, Imran Khan pens PM Modi
- Bilateral dialogue between Washington & Pyongyang stalled on how to move denuclearization process
- Signing up for the credit line to receive Instant access on Flipkart
- Train Services stopped at Kerala, Bengaluru & Coastal Karnataka resumes
- Mis-happening at Jet Airways focus Mumbai to Jaipur
- Police tightens grip on H Raja!
- Karunas blackmails police!
- HAL former chief on Rafel controversy!
- Coimbatore college Managing Director's Cheap act!
- AICC names leaders for 10 election related committees
- Stormy Daniels claimed that US President has 'an unusual penis'
- Can we know in advance about the condition & intensity of rains?
- Moon's mediation & Kim's commitment at summit satisfied Washington
- India complaints on Brutal killing of BSF Soldier by Pakistan troopers