New Delhi sources stated that External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Friday said that her ministry is framing a new law to tackle the problem in NRI marriages and providing for deterrent measures like confiscating property of NRIs who have abandoned their wives. Meanwhile at a seminar on “NRI marriages and trafficking of women and children”, she said that a new bill is likely to be taken up in the next session of Parliament.
She added “We are also developing a separate website where summons and warrants against NRI men who have abandoned their wives and have illegally married abroad will be uploaded. Those responding to it will be declared a proclaimed offender and his properties would be seized”.
Furthermore Sushma Swaraj said that under the new
law the passport of the person will be canceled and the property will also be
confiscated. She said “And if he doesn’t return, his property could be sold to
give financial aid to his aggrieved wife. We will have to make some amendments
in the Code of Criminal Procedure. We are already in talks with Law and Home
ministry and all efforts are being made to ensure that a law is in place by the
end of this year”. Moreover she added “We are acting tough on such cases. For a
start, the passports of eight NRI men accused of abandoning their wives have
been canceled and the accused whose passports were revoked have surrendered”.
#GautamGambhir joins BJP - says He is impressed by PM Modi's Vision Former Indian cricketer and opening batsman Gautam Gambhir, who had also captained Kolkata Knight Riders and Delhi Daredevil sin IPL has now joined Bharatiya Janata Party. With the elections nearing, both BJP and Congress are keen on roping in star candidates and recently former cricketer Jadeja's wife had joined BJP, and now Gambhir has joined.
- Pawan Kalyan's Accusations Worrying Pithapuram Sitting MLA
- Tough Fight In Rajahmundry City
- Fear of Failure for Chandra Babu Naidu
- A common man for YSRCP in Srikakulam
- #WorldWaterDay #SaveWater - Every drop counts
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- The big contest at Vizianagaram!
- KCR keeps TRS busy!
- List of TRS Candidates for Parliament
- Modi Ignores LK Advani Yet Again
- Mangalagiri.. Not easy for Lokesh
- Jet Airways Pilots urged PM to instruct Management for settling pending salaries
- List of BJP Candidates for Parliament
- Kamal Hassan's MNM Party will not indulge in horse trading in LS Polls
- Balayya achieved fame for his Violent Eccentricities than Social Work