According to sources the Director of Matriculation Schools has issued a circular to the Chief Education Officers (CEOs) of all the districts in Tamilnadu saying that no school management could compel parents to pay capitation fee by giving out bare threats. Meanwhile S Kannappan, the Director of Matriculation Schools directed the CEOs to keep an eye on the schools and that any attempt made by educational institutions to extort money from the parents must be thwarted.
Accordingly Tamilnadu Private Schools (Regulations) Act, 1973, empowers the government to intervene when schools exploit parents. Moreover he also said that no private school, no class or course can be closed without obtaining prior approval of the competent authority and also added that before closing down a school, the management should make arrangements for the students to complete their education.
The circular read as per reports “CEOs are requested to apprise
educational agencies that it is not that easy to close a private school because
all the schools are run by societies or trusts governed by acts or rules. Furthermore
it involves a cumbersome process and a lot of preparatory work which an
educational agency, a charitable society or trust has to do to effect closure”. Recently
the law also provides protection to parents and students of private schools
against unfair activities like demanding capitation fee over and above the
Ravishankar firm on program plans! Art of living founder Sri Sri Ravishankar has said that with the help of court, an order will be obtained and his planned meditation program will be conducted in Thanjavur Periya Kovil temple itself. On behalf of art of living foundation it was planned to host meditation programs on Fridays and Saturdays on the premises of Thanjavur Periya Kovil itself.
- People against Jayalalitha's memorial!
- Jaipur Princess filed for Divorce
- Bengaluru boy uses Broomstick to beat his Mother
- Ramdas Athawale slapped by 30 old man at a public event in Maharashtra
- KTR openly claims that TRS would return to power with 100 seats
- Will Congress' talks with MIM give an edge?
- World Bank says remittance inflow to India last year was USD 68.9 billion
- Trump's Son in Law had private conversations with Saudi Crown Prince
- Vaiko warned as TN worst affected in India for Mekedatu Project
- Wedding celebrations of Isha Ambani as grand as expected
- Australian Shark trampled a surfer
- World's Largest Arabic Audio Libraries launched in Dubai
- Will Owl Bird create misfortune for Elections?
- Telangana polls reflected the paradox of perceptions of rural & urban voters
- Congress Spokesperson attacked Yogi Adithyanath