Chennai sources reported that In an initiative to provide better facilities for bus commuters, the Metropolitan Transport Corporation (MTC) is gearing up to construct modernized bus depots in the city. Meanwhile MTC plans to take up such works in a phased manner and five main depots will soon be identified to undertake works in the first phase.
Furthermore as per report the city and suburbs has a total number of 32 depots and almost half of the depots lack basic amenities such as drinking water and toilets. Moreover during monsoon season, commuters have a tough time as many depots get waterlogged. A Manimaran, a private firm employee said "He is a regular commuter of MTC bus and as far as he knows, no bus depot has drinking water supply. Moreover at a time when many passengers prefer MTC buses, the officials concerned should sense the fact and at least renovate the depots by providing basic facilities”.
Accordingly if MTC constructs modernized depots and
suggested that in a big city like Chennai, public transport should be
convenient for commuters. Even MTC staff working in depots complained about
poor facilities in the depot. Furthermore when contacted by DC, a senior MTC
official confirmed the renovation works and when asked about cost of works, the
official replied “we will come to know everything after preparation of a
GMR with Terna to develop International Airport at Greece Hyderabad sources reported that GMR Airports Limited, along with its Greek partner Terna Group, will develop the new international airport of Heraklion at Crete, Greece. Earlier on Friday, the consortium signed a concession agreement for design, construction, financing, operation, maintenance and exploitation of the new airport for a period of 35 years, including five years of its first phase construction.
- CBI & ED likely to issue summons for questioning former ICICI Bank CEO Chanda Kochhar
- SED of Tamilnadu mulling introducing board exams for classes 5 & 8
- Will YS Jagan become CM of AP as per survey?
- BJP leader wants Kanyakumari!
- Viral video of school students in trains!
- Measures were taken to stop water to Pakistan!
- Kamal says Thiruvarur gave family politics!
- Trump made no mention of China or Huawei, steps back from threat of full ban
- Fight between Swiggy & Zomato extends to takeover of Uber Eats
- Summer Season to be hotter than normal in Karnataka
- Congress questions BJP as either PM was completely oblivious to Pulwama attack
- Why Vijayakanth pretty unhappy with BJP-AIADMK response to DMDK ambition?
- YSRCP attacks TDP saying AP has 59 Lakh Fake Voters
- Telangana Govt announces Rs.25 Lakhs to Families of Pulwama attack jawans
- 2019 Elections testing waters for YS Jagan's stamina