Chennai sources reported that In an initiative to provide better facilities for bus commuters, the Metropolitan Transport Corporation (MTC) is gearing up to construct modernized bus depots in the city. Meanwhile MTC plans to take up such works in a phased manner and five main depots will soon be identified to undertake works in the first phase.
Furthermore as per report the city and suburbs has a total number of 32 depots and almost half of the depots lack basic amenities such as drinking water and toilets. Moreover during monsoon season, commuters have a tough time as many depots get waterlogged. A Manimaran, a private firm employee said "He is a regular commuter of MTC bus and as far as he knows, no bus depot has drinking water supply. Moreover at a time when many passengers prefer MTC buses, the officials concerned should sense the fact and at least renovate the depots by providing basic facilities”.
Accordingly if MTC constructs modernized depots and
suggested that in a big city like Chennai, public transport should be
convenient for commuters. Even MTC staff working in depots complained about
poor facilities in the depot. Furthermore when contacted by DC, a senior MTC
official confirmed the renovation works and when asked about cost of works, the
official replied “we will come to know everything after preparation of a
Infosys co-founder awarded honorary degree of Doctor of Science by University of London Reportedly Infosys co-founder Narayana Murthy on Friday was awarded the honorary degree of Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) by Royal Holloway, University of London, for his outstanding contribution to the field of Computer Science and the role model he represents in India and on the global stage.
- Holiday declared for all schools & colleges in Karnataka today due to Heavy Rain
- 4 Dams shutters opened in Kerala due to heavy rain
- To boost MSME CM Jagan launched "YSR Navodayam"
- Telangana ACB looks into ESI Medicine supplies scam
- PM Modi had asked people to send their ideas for his Independence speech
- 3 Day heavy rain warning given to Telangana: IMD
- Who is role model in AP?
- Will Anna Canteen workers be paid their salary?
- Your Porn viewing habits tracked by Google & Facebook
- Heavy Rain lashing Kerala
- AP state Govt Employees to get 30% HRA
- WB decided not to fund Amaravati Sustainable Capital City Development Project
- Central Government Behind World Bank Refusing Loan for Amaravati?
- Edappadi announced 2 New Districts for Tamilnadu
- Complaints Against Bigg Boss 3 Reaches Delhi