Chennai sources reported that In an initiative to provide better facilities for bus commuters, the Metropolitan Transport Corporation (MTC) is gearing up to construct modernized bus depots in the city. Meanwhile MTC plans to take up such works in a phased manner and five main depots will soon be identified to undertake works in the first phase.
Furthermore as per report the city and suburbs has a total number of 32 depots and almost half of the depots lack basic amenities such as drinking water and toilets. Moreover during monsoon season, commuters have a tough time as many depots get waterlogged. A Manimaran, a private firm employee said "He is a regular commuter of MTC bus and as far as he knows, no bus depot has drinking water supply. Moreover at a time when many passengers prefer MTC buses, the officials concerned should sense the fact and at least renovate the depots by providing basic facilities”.
Accordingly if MTC constructs modernized depots and
suggested that in a big city like Chennai, public transport should be
convenient for commuters. Even MTC staff working in depots complained about
poor facilities in the depot. Furthermore when contacted by DC, a senior MTC
official confirmed the renovation works and when asked about cost of works, the
official replied “we will come to know everything after preparation of a
Mahindra & Mahindra rolled out electric 3 wheeler auto rickshaw in Bengaluru According to sources "The 3 wheeler range Treo and Treo Yaari are powered with lithium ion battery, which gives 170 km ride for a single charge, said Mahindra Electric Mobility Ltd Chairman Pawan Goenka on the occasion. Meanwhile the $21 billion Mahindra group has invested Rs 100 crore in setting up a technology plant in the city's southern outskirts, with an installed capacity of 25,000 units per annum to make the e-autos for Karnataka initially.
- Sabarimala Temple Police Officers instructed to follow new Dress Code
- Will Pawan Kalyan contest from Eluru Constituency?
- TN CM announced Rs. 10 lakhs for families of deceased hit by Cyclone Gaja
- California's deadliest wildfires soared to more than 600, Trump to make his visit
- Granddaughter of TDP founder & late Chief Minister NT Rama Rao get TDP ticket
- Will forecast come true for TRS & give KCR another chance to rule Telangana?
- TN govt against Gaja!
- Secret pregnancy revealed by actor!
- Post Gaja, there's another threat!
- Vedaranyam heavily impacted by Gaja!
- Chandrababu Naidu leaving no leaf unturned to take on Modi
- Arvind Kejriwal to campaign in Telangana for AAP candidates
- Wedding Photos of Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh leaked out
- Will KTR quit politics, if TRS lost Elections?
- Cyclone Gaja crossed Tamilnadu coast between Nagapattinam & nearby Vedaranniyam