According to sources the Congress party announced that it would ally with the Telugu Desam Party in the 2019 elections in both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Meanwhile the announcement was made by Telangana Congress Pradesh Committee Uttam Kumar Reddy. As per report previously it was speculated that the TDP will ally with the TRS in Telangana and however, with the TDP splitting from the NDA, Chandrababu Naidu has been seen as moving close to the Congress.
Moreover both Rahul Gandhi and Chandrababu shared the dais along with Mayawati, Mamata Banerjee and others at the oath taking ceremony of HD Kumaraswamy in Karnataka, sending out the message of a potential anti-BJP coalition. Even though the Telangana Congress unit had earlier felt that allying with the TDP would not do good for the party, it was later decided that the coalition could potentially win and form the government even at the Centre.
Moreover after bifurcation in 2014, Congress was
routed out of AP and is still struggling to make its presence felt in the
state. Recently TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu had written a letter in favor of
state bifurcation, but after sensing anger from the Andhra people, he protested
against the bifurcation claiming that the state division was happening in an
Congress ahead in Rajasthan & Chhattisgarh Accordingly even as counting is still underway in the five states, the Congress has started sending overtures to form the government in Rajasthan and the party is leading in the state and its Rajasthan chief Sachin Pilot has said that he is in contact with "like-minded" people. Reportedly the party has taken a big lead in Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan, but is engaged in a close contest with the BJP in Madhya Pradesh.
- Protests before Kerala CM residence!
- Congress Leads in Chhattisgarh,Rajasthan, TRS in Telangana
- #TelanganaElections2018 - Zero chances for Lotus to Bloom anywhere in South India
- #TelanganaElections2018 - TRS got 77% of the Polled votes and this is one of the best margins in Indian Democratic History
- Voter turnout in Hyderabad fell to a dismal figure of 48.9%
- Call centre for Women's Emergency helpline inaugurated in Chennai
- #AssemblyElections2018 - Track Live Updates
- #AssemblyElections2018 -A humongous victory for TRS surpassing 90 seat mark, Congress Leads in 3 states
- Counting of Votes for Telangana in full swing
- TRS Leading in Early Trends of Counting!!!
- Polling results from Rajasthan, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh & Mizoram LIVE UPDATES
- Telangana Leaders took Four Days break before Counting of Votes
- Top House Democrats raised prospect of impeachment for Trump
- SC dismissed PIL challenging dissolution of J&K Assembly by Governor Satya Pal Malik
- Which Party will win Higher Percentage in Telangana?