According to sources the Congress party announced that it would ally with the Telugu Desam Party in the 2019 elections in both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Meanwhile the announcement was made by Telangana Congress Pradesh Committee Uttam Kumar Reddy. As per report previously it was speculated that the TDP will ally with the TRS in Telangana and however, with the TDP splitting from the NDA, Chandrababu Naidu has been seen as moving close to the Congress.
Moreover both Rahul Gandhi and Chandrababu shared the dais along with Mayawati, Mamata Banerjee and others at the oath taking ceremony of HD Kumaraswamy in Karnataka, sending out the message of a potential anti-BJP coalition. Even though the Telangana Congress unit had earlier felt that allying with the TDP would not do good for the party, it was later decided that the coalition could potentially win and form the government even at the Centre.
Moreover after bifurcation in 2014, Congress was
routed out of AP and is still struggling to make its presence felt in the
state. Recently TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu had written a letter in favor of
state bifurcation, but after sensing anger from the Andhra people, he protested
against the bifurcation claiming that the state division was happening in an
Bhimavaram & Gajuwaka best bets for Pawan Kalyan by partys General Body Accordingly Jana Sena Party Chief Pawan Kalyan will be contesting two seats in his first ever time in the election fray. Meanwhile in the upcoming Assembly Elections in Andhra Pradesh, Pawan will contest from Bhimavaram in West Godavari and from the Gajuwaka constituency in Visakhapatnam.
- Nagababu Joins Party, Janasena Becomes Another Family Pack
- RTO attacked by actor's friend!
- Goa gets a new head!
- PM Modi likely to interact with Public about 'Main Bhi Chowkidar' by March 31
- Election Battle: Parties Cooking Strategies for Victory In Godavari
- Curious Case of Uttarandhra in 2019 Polls
- Chandra Babu Facing Huge Pressure
- DK Aruna Jumps into BJP
- Jagan Pinned Hopes On His Family
- Decoding Pawan Kalyan's Strategy For Assembly Elections
- Will Goa CM Pramod Sawant win Floor test by Wednesday?
- Curiosity Around Bheemili Constituency
- Popular Rayalaseema Reddy Back to Basics!
- Key accused in Pollachi sexual abuse Case sent to judicial remand
- Flash floods & Mud slides increased death toll in Indonesia