According to sources with heavy rains pounding Kerala and water levels of water bodies rising, the Athirappilly waterfall, a tourist hotspot in Athirappilly, Thrissur district, has been closed for tourism. According to reports, there was a sudden surge in the waterfall on Tuesday, leading to a ban on tourist entry to the spot.
Meanwhile the tourism at Athirappilly-Vazhachal was also shut down and the route through Athirappilly and Malackappara were closed for vehicles and the tourists are also not allowed entry at the Charppa waterfalls, which is close to Athirappilly. As per reports the forest department has decided to have these restrictions in place until the strength of water comes down.
Earlier tourism at
Athirappilly waterfalls experienced a temporary low after fake images of
the waterfalls swelling to dangerous proportions were circulated. Furthermore the monsoon has claimed 90
lives in the state so far and 27,000 people have sought shelter in relief camps
since the onset of the south west monsoon and the state cabinet, which convened
on July 18, decided to provide Rs 1,000 as a one-time aide to families put up
in the relief camps. Presently rescue and relief teams have been deployed in
both Idukki and Ernakulam districts to take over in the event of the shutters
of the dam being opened.
Government of Andhra Pradesh signs MoU with Internshala, launches 'Youth for Andhra Program' Real Time Governance Society (RTGS) of Government of Andhra Pradesh has signed an MoU with Internshala to launch the ‘Youth for Andhra Program’ program. The program focuses on empowering the youth of Andhra Pradesh and shaping them into change makers at the grassroot level. 10,000 students across Andhra Pradesh will be hired under this program and will gain valuable knowledge about government policies and bureaucracy. The deadline to apply to the program is 25th February 2019.
- Why KCRs Cabinet has no Women in his Party?
- 25 lakhs be given to family of CRPF Jawan by Kerala Govt
- Surya Kiran Aircraft crashed in Bengaluru during rehearsal
- BJP making desperate attempts to woo its allies
- History Maker: Kotii Reddy Saripalli - Founder of Kotii group of ventures
- Gold prices skyrocket!
- Saudi comes to Pak support!
- Mastermind of Pulwama attack dead!
- Kamal's takes a dig at Stalin!
- YS Jagan needs to be reminded charity begins at home
- Ex-PM highlights rural indebtedness, urban chaos
- PMK will support AIADMK- BJP front in Tamilnadu in general elections
- French researchers found 5.8 million Indane customer records
- Will Sania Mirza be removed as brand ambassador of Telangana ?
- Freedom we have is very expensive due to CRPF Employees