According to sources with heavy rains pounding Kerala and water levels of water bodies rising, the Athirappilly waterfall, a tourist hotspot in Athirappilly, Thrissur district, has been closed for tourism. According to reports, there was a sudden surge in the waterfall on Tuesday, leading to a ban on tourist entry to the spot.
Meanwhile the tourism at Athirappilly-Vazhachal was also shut down and the route through Athirappilly and Malackappara were closed for vehicles and the tourists are also not allowed entry at the Charppa waterfalls, which is close to Athirappilly. As per reports the forest department has decided to have these restrictions in place until the strength of water comes down.
Earlier tourism at
Athirappilly waterfalls experienced a temporary low after fake images of
the waterfalls swelling to dangerous proportions were circulated. Furthermore the monsoon has claimed 90
lives in the state so far and 27,000 people have sought shelter in relief camps
since the onset of the south west monsoon and the state cabinet, which convened
on July 18, decided to provide Rs 1,000 as a one-time aide to families put up
in the relief camps. Presently rescue and relief teams have been deployed in
both Idukki and Ernakulam districts to take over in the event of the shutters
of the dam being opened.
PM Narendra Modi catapults more projects in Varanasi Lucknow sources stated that Launching development projects worth Rs 550 crore, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Varanasi is being developed as the “Gateway to East India” and presented a report card to voters of his Lok Sabha constituency, claiming that before his election the holy city was at the mercy of the Lord under previous governments.
- Hong Kong based airline painted out error in Company's Name
- Big win for Women Rights activists in Muslim Community in india
- EC yet to come out with poll schedule for Telangana
- UP Govt Doctors to stage protest on October 1
- Is Kapu community is moving away from YCP?
- Another brutal murder in Andhra - SHOCKING BRUTAL VIDEO Inside
- Stalin demands resignation of Thangamani!
- Will Congress give Special Status to AP?
- PMK ropes in an actor!
- You will be shocked to know Modi's asset value - No Cars or Houses!
- Apollo's shocker on CCTV!
- Pandya injured - Damage for India?
- Hima Das name nominated for Arjuna Award
- Korean Presidents signs agreement to Ease Tension
- Ambati questioned Chandrababu's motive behind involving in affairs of TRS party