China said on Wednesday that "blackmail" wouldn't work and that it would hit back if the United States takes further steps hindering trade, as the Trump administration considers slapping a 25 per cent tariff on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods. Accordingly the proposal would increase the potential tariff rate from 10% the administration had initially put forward on July 10 for that wave of duties in a bid to pressure Beijing into making trade concessions.
A source familiar with the plan said on Tuesday that the tariffs target thousands of Chinese imports, including food products, chemicals, steel and aluminium and consumer goods ranging from dog food, furniture and carpets to car tires, bicycles, and baseball gloves and beauty products. Meanwhile the duties would not be imposed until after a period of public comment, raising the proposed level to 25% would escalate the already bitter trade dispute between the world's two biggest economies.
Further the source said
President Donald Trump's administration could announce the tougher proposal as
early as Wednesday in Washington and the plan to more than double the tariff
rate was first reported by Bloomberg News.
Janasena Party Cheating CPI Party? Janasena, Bahujan Samaj Party and the Left parties are contesting together in these elections. But now differences have crept in between Janasena Party and the CPI. Vijayawada CPI Lok Sabha constituency Candidate Chalasani Ajay Kumar criticized Pawan Kalyan for insulting the CPI. Without saying anything to them, he said, how Janasena can announce of the candidate for Vijayawada?
- Transgender filed nomination from Madurai
- Banks Put TDP MP's Assets on Auction for Defaulting Loans
- Actress Sri Reddy attacked by unknown
- Hyderabad Airport gets a Swanky New Interim Terminal
- Why no BJP candidate has filed nomination in Pathanamthitta, where Sabarimala Is Located?
- Justice still in queue for Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev : Imtiaz Rashid Qureshi
- KTR feels proud of his Father KCR
- Pawan Kalyan Selling Party Tickets?
- TDP Candidate To Withdraw His Nomination?
- Jagan's Sakshi Media on Sale?
- Pawan took massive rally in Bhimavaram
- Pawan Kalyan Missed A Simple Logic?
- Tennis star Serena Willaims joined actress Priyanka Chopra as investor of Bumble
- YS Jagan reaffirmed Jalayagnam project on Water Day
- 24 districts in TN declared drought-hit on account of failure of northeast monsoon