China said on Wednesday that "blackmail" wouldn't work and that it would hit back if the United States takes further steps hindering trade, as the Trump administration considers slapping a 25 per cent tariff on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods. Accordingly the proposal would increase the potential tariff rate from 10% the administration had initially put forward on July 10 for that wave of duties in a bid to pressure Beijing into making trade concessions.
A source familiar with the plan said on Tuesday that the tariffs target thousands of Chinese imports, including food products, chemicals, steel and aluminium and consumer goods ranging from dog food, furniture and carpets to car tires, bicycles, and baseball gloves and beauty products. Meanwhile the duties would not be imposed until after a period of public comment, raising the proposed level to 25% would escalate the already bitter trade dispute between the world's two biggest economies.
Further the source said
President Donald Trump's administration could announce the tougher proposal as
early as Wednesday in Washington and the plan to more than double the tariff
rate was first reported by Bloomberg News.
PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra Ever since PMC bank scam unearthed there has been utter confusion and stress among the bank customers, fear of losing money has left many account holders distressed and despaired. PMC (Punjab and Maharashtra co-operative bank) scam claimed one more life in Maharashtra, this is the fifth death reported so far relating to bank scam, a septuagenarian woman reportedly because of vast amount of money was parked in the bank by her daughter and son-in-law. Bharathi Sadarangani died of cardi
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday
- Jio Launches All in One plans Bonanza for Diwali
- PM Modi feels Tamil languages as Exceptional & World's oldest language
- Tamilnadu shuts schools in 3 Districts on account of Heavy Rain
- KTR seeks Rs.3418 Crore for building Pharma City in Hyderabad
- PM Modi met a young innovator Amol Yadav, a pilot by profession of small aircrafts in India
- Revanth repeats Lagadapati drama!
- TDP To Lose Deposit in Huzoornagar