The Madurai bench of Chennai high court has ordered the hearing of all the 173 cases against Sterlite protesters as a single case. On May 22, protesters had entered 100th day of their protest against Sterlite, and the protest had turned violent with protesters being killed by police in a shootout.
Now, advocate Vincent John had filed a petition in Madurai bench of Chennai high court that 173 separate cases have been filed against protesters for a single incident. He had requested to join the 172 cases with the first case, and enquire as a single case. Following the hearing, the Madurai bench of Chennai High court has dismissed yet 173 cases and has ordered enquiry into the case treating it as a single case.
This has given some peace for the
protesters as it will avoid waste of time and money by traveling for court
proceedings. It must be noted that 13 innocent protesters were killed by police
in the shootout.
Low cost Airline Scoot to adds 3 new South Indian cities Reportedly low cost airline Scoot, a part of the Singapore Airlines Group, on Thursday announced the addition of three new south Indian cities Coimbatore, Trivandrum and Visakhapatnam to its global route map. Meanwhile in a statement issued here, Scoot said the three new routes are due to be transferred over from sister airline SilkAir. Scoot will be the only airline operating direct non-stop flights
- Telangana new Assembly session begins with new Speaker
- Dinakaran suspects Edappadi Palanisamy!
- Viswasam receives police appreciation!
- Ajith fan dies when seeing movie!
- Chennai kid is youngest grandmaster!
- New I-T return filling system be developed by Infosys
- TN Police Department issued instructions to create WhatsApp group for every police station
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show in Gandhinagar
- PM Modi may keep door open, but no party is prepared to go inside in Tamilnadu
- What will be Pawan's stand at national level?
- West Zone Party Office opened by Kamal Hassan in Pollachi
- Trump nominated three Indian Americans to key administration positions
- Nationwide probe launched to nab main perpetrators in QNet scam
- Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu