The Madurai bench of Chennai high court has ordered the hearing of all the 173 cases against Sterlite protesters as a single case. On May 22, protesters had entered 100th day of their protest against Sterlite, and the protest had turned violent with protesters being killed by police in a shootout.
Now, advocate Vincent John had filed a petition in Madurai bench of Chennai high court that 173 separate cases have been filed against protesters for a single incident. He had requested to join the 172 cases with the first case, and enquire as a single case. Following the hearing, the Madurai bench of Chennai High court has dismissed yet 173 cases and has ordered enquiry into the case treating it as a single case.
This has given some peace for the
protesters as it will avoid waste of time and money by traveling for court
proceedings. It must be noted that 13 innocent protesters were killed by police
in the shootout.
3 Maharashtrian Dishes You Must Prepare for this Ganesh Chaturthi All the Pandals have been set up and Ganapathi has arrived and we all couldn't get more excited. Every year the festival is celebrated on a bigger scale and Maharashtra does it, even more, bigger and that is because of the dishes they prepare. Now, we bring you 3 dishes which you must know to prepare.
- Donald Trump and His Adventures in WWE
- Hyderabad youngsters stranded in Malaysia
- Telangana health coverage model is a robust program covering nearly 80 lakh families
- US badly attacked on Military parade in Iran
- TPCC Chief & KTR lashed out at Twitter
- BJP AP unit challenged CM Chandrababu Naidu for early poll
- Is there a political controversy between India & Former French President?
- No Bail for Karunas until October 5th!
- Madurai express to land in Thiruvarur!
- TN BJP Leaders clash within each others
- DMK leader involved in accident!
- Tanzania boat accident kills more than 200!
- Pakistan fan sings Indian National anthem!
- AIADMK lawmaker Karunas arrested for making remarks against CM
- 10,000 to participate in Plant based Festival in Beijing