Warangal Around five TSRTC buses parked at Depot-1 of the district caught fire and turned to ashes. Reports added the incident occurred in wee hours of Thursday. No casualties have been reported. Meanwhile it is learnt that the reason for the fire was a short circuit and on learning about the incident, Telangana Transport minister Mahendar Reddy ordered an immediate probe into the matter and he also requested the officials to be alert and prevent them from occurring in future.
According to report the five buses were completely gutted before the arrival of fire tenders and the estimated loss is yet to be ascertained. Earlier a few months ago, a luxury TSRTC bus caught fire with 32 passengers on board near Aler village of Warangal district. Moreover the reason for that mishap too was said to be short circuit.
Further the bus conductor who noticed the smoke
billowing from the rear end of the bus alerted the passengers who got off the
bus safely and the loss was estimated to be Rs 50 lakhs. However, the bus staff
was appreciated for alerting passengers on time and saving them.
136 people died after a ferry capsized on Lake Victoria, Tanzania Accordingly many are missing and it is feared that more than 200 people in total may have drowned. Rescue efforts resumed on Friday after being halted overnight. As per report the MV Nyerere ferry overturned near Ukara Island on its way from Bugorora. Meanwhile it is thought the overloaded vessel tipped over when crowds on board moved to one side as it docked.
- Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy called for a Revolt against BJP
- Balapur Laddu sets a new Record as it fetches Rs.16.6 Lakhs in Auction!
- TN Govt opened bookings for the online sale of imported sand at Thoothukudi port
- PM Narendra Modi catapulted many projects in Odisha & Chhattisgarh
- Is Chandrababu Naidu elder than PM Modi in politics?
- Will Chandrababu Naidu attend Court in Babli Case?
- India moving towards 5G: PM Modi
- "Facebook Dating" made available within social networking company's mobile app
- First Indian state to introduce Smart e-Public Distribution System (e-PDS)
- Pawan Kalyan to have 'Gelupu Rotte' to win upcoming general elections in AP
- Ajay Maken left for treatment abroad for his orthopedic ailment
- Trump participates in UNGA events & bilateral meetings from September 24-27
- Will Madras HC hear petitions challenging land acquisition in Chennai-Salem Project?
- BJP leader gets trolled!
- Kausalya consoles Amrutha Varshini!