Islamabad sources reported that as per media report Imran Khan has decided against inviting foreign leaders and celebrities to his oath taking ceremony as Pakistan's new prime minister as he wants to keep the event very simple. Meanwhile Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) emerged as the single largest party in the elections held on July 25 and the 65 year old leader is expected to take oath on August 11.
Furthermore his party had initially planned to invite several foreign leaders and personalities, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Bollywood superstar Amir Khan and Indian cricketers like Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavasker and Navjot Singh Sidhu to the event. Accordingly in an apparent change of heart yesterday, Khan has opted against a fancy ceremony.
Dawn newspaper quoted PTI spokesperson Fawad Chaudhry as saying that "The
PTI chairman has directed to stage the oath-taking event with austerity”. The spokesperson
said “He will take his oath in a simple ceremony at Aiwan-e-Sadr (President
House)”. Moreover Chaudhry said "It has been decided that no foreign
personalities will be invited to the ceremony it will be a completely national
event. Only a few close friends of Imran Khan will be invited."
"There will be no show of extravagance at the event".
Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police? Reports added Mohan Reddy's sister YS Sharmila on Monday lodged a complaint with Hyderabad Police Commissioner seeking action against those trying to defame her by spreading rumors on social media. Furthermore she said "Some unknown people defamed me before 2014 elections by spreading fake rumors that she is having a relationship. Again, some people are trying to defame me on social media”.
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu
- Unresolved differences between Kanchi Seer and Mahatma Gandhi continues
- Cockpit Voice recorder of Lion Air Jet found
- Modi said BJP worker is driven by National Interest & not by any self-interest
- KCR plans that will last generations
- RBI tokenizes transactions made through Debit, Credit & Prepaid Cards in India
- TNSTC announced it will operate an additional 14,263 services for Pongal