Reports added in the past week, the state of Kerala has witnessed a round of heavy rains, causing water levels of various dams in the state to reach their maximum levels and the state government was forced to announce orange alert in most of the dams. Previously the Kerala Government had declared orange alerts in Idamalayar dam in the Ernakulam district and in the Idukki dam.
Furthermore as of Friday, the water level at the Idamalayar dam was recorded to be at 167.31 meters and the full reservoir level (FRL) of the dam stands at 169 meters. Meanwhile an Orange alert was issued in Idamalayar dam on Wednesday, with the water levels touching 167.05 metres, leaving less than two metres for the dam to reach its full capacity. Furthermore officials had said that a Red Alert or final alert will be announced when the water touches 168 metres.
Moreover the reservoir level at the Idukki
dam on Friday was recorded to be 2,396.42 feet as opposed
to an FRL of 2,403 feet. Accordingly the Kerala government had
announced an Orange alert along the banks of the Periyar, with the water
levels in the Idukki dam rising to 2,395 feet on Monday night. Meanwhile
the Orange alert is the second alert followed by a Green alert or
code Green which is the first alert issued by the Kerala State Electricity
Board (KSEB) to warn those living close to the river.
Mickey Mouse character turned 90 on Sunday Accordingly Iconic cartoon character Mickey Mouse turned 90 on Sunday, and his birthday is being celebrated around the world, including in India. Meanwhile Mickey Mouse made his first appearance in Steamboat Willie on November 18, 1928, and has ruled hearts since then. Furthermore he was born out of necessity when Walt Disney discovered he had lost the rights to his previous character
- More Rain anticipated in Tamilnadu from November 19
- Cyclone Gaja death toll in TN rose from 33 to 45
- Sirisena dissolved parliament, announced snap polls on January 5, 2019
- Can KCR win Elections by doing Yagams & Homams alone?
- Will Sharmila Jagan contest from Hyderabad?
- Sonia Gandhi to address a Public Meeting in Telangana on November 23
- Today is the Last day for filing nominations for Telangana Assembly Elections
- Superstar warns against ticket rates!
- Sasikala to come out on parole?
- Chief Minister Visit canceled!
- Schools, Colleges announced Holiday
- Will H1-B Visa Holders to split Families?
- DeepVeer to hosts 2 Wedding Receptions
- Death toll in Tamilnadu due to Cyclone Gaja rose to 33
- NASA's Kepler space telescope to disconnect communication with Earth