Reports added in the past week, the state of Kerala has witnessed a round of heavy rains, causing water levels of various dams in the state to reach their maximum levels and the state government was forced to announce orange alert in most of the dams. Previously the Kerala Government had declared orange alerts in Idamalayar dam in the Ernakulam district and in the Idukki dam.
Furthermore as of Friday, the water level at the Idamalayar dam was recorded to be at 167.31 meters and the full reservoir level (FRL) of the dam stands at 169 meters. Meanwhile an Orange alert was issued in Idamalayar dam on Wednesday, with the water levels touching 167.05 metres, leaving less than two metres for the dam to reach its full capacity. Furthermore officials had said that a Red Alert or final alert will be announced when the water touches 168 metres.
Moreover the reservoir level at the Idukki
dam on Friday was recorded to be 2,396.42 feet as opposed
to an FRL of 2,403 feet. Accordingly the Kerala government had
announced an Orange alert along the banks of the Periyar, with the water
levels in the Idukki dam rising to 2,395 feet on Monday night. Meanwhile
the Orange alert is the second alert followed by a Green alert or
code Green which is the first alert issued by the Kerala State Electricity
Board (KSEB) to warn those living close to the river.
Saudi Arabia auctions real estates of billionaire Maan al-Sanea Riyadh sources stated that Saudi Arabia will auction real estate owned by indebted billionaire Maan al-Sanea and his company starting next month to help repay billions of riyals due to creditors. Meanwhile sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, Sanea ranked by Forbes in 2007 as one of the world's
- In 2019 Lok Sabha polls, people will defeat BJP: Mamata Banerjee
- MK Stalin launched scathing attack on Edappadi Palaniswami leveling corruption charges
- Trump imposes additional tariffs on China from September 24
- Who is the Baahubali of Telangana?
- Yusaku Maezawa, founder & CEO of Zozo, First Tourist to Moon
- Domestic fuel prices continued to scale new height
- Heavy rains expected today as well!
- Vijaya Bhaskar gets aroused!
- Sunny gets a wax statue!
- A sleep ruins minister's life!
- Finance Minister announced Merger of 3 Banks
- Who is Country's Highest Earning MLA?
- North & South Korean Leaders Meet at Pyongyang
- Guys involved in Controversial WhatsApp chat to kill Defense Minister held
- Centre's decision to ban 328 FDC drugs brought 6,000 medicines on radar