As per report Olympic silver medalist P V Sindhu claimed a second successive World Championships final spot after seeing off a fighting Akane Yamaguchi of Japan in straight games at the women's singles semifinals. Accordingly Sindhu, who had finished runners-up at the Glasgow edition last year after losing to another Japanese Nozomi Okuhara, notched up a superb 21-16 24-22 win over world number two Yamaguchi in a 54 minute hard fought match.
Meanwhile ahead of the match, Sindhu had a 6-4 head to head record against Yamaguchi, who had defeated the Indian in big ticket events such as All England Championship this year and Dubai Super series Final last year. Moreover the duo faced off twice this year with each registering a win.
Furthermore the 23 year old from Hyderabad, who also won two bronze medals
in 2013 and 2014, will face Olympic champion and former two time gold medalist
Carolina Marin of Spain today and Marin had robbed Sindhu off a gold medal at
the Rio Olympics after defeating the Indian in the summit clash. Overall, Marin
has a 6-5 advantage over Sindhu, who had beaten the Spaniard in their last encounter
at the Malaysia Open in June.
Hundreds of people fled fighting in Ghazni Kabul sources reported that an official said Taliban assault on two adjacent checkpoints in northern Afghanistan killed at least 30 soldiers and police, as life gradually returned to normal in parts of the eastern city of Ghazni after a massive insurgent attack last week, with sporadic gun battles still underway in some neighborhoods.
- Rescue work in Kerala continued through night by all three defense forces
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Cremation held on bank of Yamuna
- Donald Trump & Imran Khan same to same?
- Continued fall in Rupee causing dollar to gain
- Visveswaraya Tech University made Kannada Language compulsory
- With no help in sight, Kerala people requesting Social Media for Rescue
- Earthquake in Bengaluru? People in Shock!
- Actor Prithiviraj's mother rescued!
- Vajpayee's words to Chinnapillai!
- TN Government announces public holiday!
- 200 Patients & Staff members evacuated from Pathanamthitta flooded Hospital
- Student's Open letter to PM Narendra Modi explaining hardships faced due to NEET
- Pawan Kalyan released Manifesto Vision for forthcoming 2019 Elections
- Demand for Air tickets has gone up for Kerala & Karnataka
- Personal Life of Vajpayee is filled with Positivity