Accordingly Justice AP Shah who had also served as Chairman of the Law Commission, in his letter pointed out that “any campaign against corruption can become effective only when there is a basic change in the mindset of the government in favor of greater transparency and accountability through civil society participation at all levels of decision taking, devolution of authority and decentralization of governance”.
Meanwhile he called for “strengthening of the democratic processes in every sphere of activity of the government” and noted that “bits and pieces of legislation without an overarching objective” would not deliver. Furthermore he said that at a time when cases like “Kingfisher Airlines and United Spirits (Vijay Mallya Group), Nirav Modi, Mehul Choksi, Fortis Healthcare, etc have come to light and non-performing assets (NPAs) of banks are at an all-time high of about Rs 10 lakh crore, which was expected to arrest any further decay of the system, is “ironically proposed to be decriminalized, that too with undue haste”.
Moreover he said that while most of
the offences were anyway compoundable, the committee had to evaluate if
existing compoundable offences could be treated as mere “civil offences” and if
the existing non-compoundable offences could be categorized as “compoundable
offences”. Furthermore Justice Shah charged that the Finance Act, 2017 had
surreptitiously done away with the limits on political donations prescribed
under Section 182 of the Companies Act.
Will Gajwel people make KCR win? Accordingly despite the predictions of various surveys which indicated a TRS wave in Telangana, the ground reality seems to be different. As per report in many of rural parts of Telangana, there is anti-incumbency against the ruling government and this may make it difficult for TRS and even in Gajwel constituency, represented by KCR himself, said to have a tough fight in the coming elections.
- Cracking Coconut before performing Navaratri Pooja is auspicious
- Navaratri Celebrations in Tamilnadu
- Rituals to be followed during Saraswati Pooja
- Know about Saraswati Pooja and its Importance
- Man throws acid on lady!
- Leena complains on Susi!
- Woman kicks 16 year old!
- Tension prevails in Sabarimala!
- Mysuru getting ready for Dussehra this Friday
- Pawan's fresh statement to be a political weapon for TDP in AP
- Will TRS Party defeat TDP?
- TRS Party released Manifesto for upcoming Telangana Elections
- Federal judge dismissed porn star Stormy Daniels' defamation lawsuit against Trump
- World's Most UNSAFE place for WOMEN - INDIA GETS RANK ONE
- Baba Ramdev supporting STERLITE